Combat Mission future

You could say the same thing about the Syrians in SF. They share the same equipment, why have Guards, Mech, Conscrips etc. we could just mod them?

Well, what if I want to play a game where Russian Separatists and regular Russians attack a town? I can't mod that. And neither can anyone else. They will always be mixed. More options is better than no options.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, BTR said:

I don't care much about seps, but even bringing the TOEs of regular formation up to 2017 standard for existing sides would be a sweet deal. 

I highly doubt that will happen. It's one of the reasons Steve won't allow the time frame to be stretched even by a year. He doesn't want to deal with TO&E changes. I personally don't agree with it. And I'd be willing to sacrifice a dead on accurate month by month (whatever) TO&E change for the full range of seasons and weather.

Mord.

33 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Wouldn't South African Bush War be awesome like Operation Hooper

That's an area that I have been wanting to delve into reading wise. I have Blaze of War and it covers that. I haven't played it much, it's got a steep learning curve but it's a pretty immersive tank sim.

29 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Sounds like a Bush War would be something to consult @c3k's old roommate about.

According to his barber, it was more like a skirmish on a golf course.

Mord.

Edited by Mord