37mm

CMSF1 scenarios & campaigns

Posted (edited)

Dontcha just hate getting old, Steve?  And think how I feel.  I've got 6 years more of it than you. And poor Emrys has about 50 on me, and Wart's 'n All, well he's just basically a cantelope!

Edited by mjkerner
nevermind

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

What might be causing confusion is, because of the very long title names, you probably won't be able to differentiate between the two very easily on the scenario select screen (the SF2 suffix, of the update, just isn't visible).

I recall encountering a similiar issue when I played the other Tactical Vignette.

Yes, this is it.  Thanks.

sburke is not the one getting old, I couldn't work out there were two scenario names that looked exactly the same but were different.

Thanks for putting up with my confusion.

Hi guys ! Re: CMSF1 campaign heart of darkness by @dragonwynn so the accompanying mod folder called sangin - should be stripped of the talibs & ANA and use the ones uploaded recently by @Zveroboy1 ?

how about rest of mods in the sangin folder ?

thanks all.

For the talibs, I made a fix. You can find it here, on page two of this thread, second post :

Unfortunately my ANA mod uses Syrians whereas dragonwynn in his campaign used the mod that Blimey created which is based on Dutch troops. So that won't work.

Ah I c. Thanks for ur reply. And last wishful question then, the original Dutch mod conversion to ana, why wouldn’t it work ? Considering many mods were smoothly transferred ? Does it necessitate a complete remake ? 
good day all !

It might just work, I haven't tested it. I think most vehicle mods work fine for SF2. However for infantry, I am not so sure. It is likely that either file names or 3D models have been changed. If it is the former it is not too hard to fix but if it is the latter, the skins will look all wrong.

Thank you very much! There are sketches of plans in the collection. It's Yours or just for a collection collected. I am interested in the experience of players using graphic editors. How do they draw plans for combat and AAR, what programs do they use?

No, these dropboxes are the contents of what was in my CMSF1 scenario & campaign folders at the time of uploading. The many images & briefings came from the the scenario & campaign makers themselves.

One other thing when using the collection, @Rokko created a campaign extractor for CMSF1 (and CMA) campaigns.

Useful if you're looking for a particular scenario.