CMSF1 scenarios & campaigns

37mm

9 hours ago, 37mm said:

What might be causing confusion is, because of the very long title names, you probably won't be able to differentiate between the two very easily on the scenario select screen (the SF2 suffix, of the update, just isn't visible).

I recall encountering a similiar issue when I played the other Tactical Vignette.

Yes, this is it.  Thanks.

sburke is not the one getting old, I couldn't work out there were two scenario names that looked exactly the same but were different.

Thanks for putting up with my confusion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No, these dropboxes are the contents of what was in my CMSF1 scenario & campaign folders at the time of uploading. The many images & briefings came from the the scenario & campaign makers themselves.

One other thing when using the collection, @Rokko created a campaign extractor for CMSF1 (and CMA) campaigns.

Useful if you're looking for a particular scenario.

• 5 months later...

Bump... recently I had an idea on how to handle basic update's of CMSF1 campaigns.

There's no way I'm going back & recreating core files & campaign scripts for these campaigns... so instead i'll probably break them up into individual scenarios, update the maps for those scenarios & then play them.

I would track Core casualties as I played through the scenarios... but only in a simplistic & rudimentary manner (i.e 1st Platoon suffers severe casualties in scenario 1, just give it a heavily depleted headcount next time it appears in the campaign).

• 2 months later...

At this point?

I have no idea.... however, it should be remembered that CMSF uniform mods will not work with CMSF2 so, does it really matter?

In the year 2020 (remember CMSF was released in 2007), I imagine you'll likely have to make any 2003 uniform mods yourself or find alternate placeholders.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, 37mm said:

I've been gettin enquiries about old CMSF vehicle mods, so here are the ones in my possession (they seem to be mostly by @MikeyD & @M1A1TC)...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f500hkxs4xlzlxu/Old_CMSF_Vehicle_mods.7z/file

Thanks for sharing these. I don't suppose you have any of Kieme's HD ground and building mods, do you? I have the one's from CMMods but for some reason half of them are missing.

16 hours ago, Hilts said:

Thanks for sharing these. I don't suppose you have any of Kieme's HD ground and building mods, do you? I have the one's from CMMods but for some reason half of them are missing.

Hmmm odd.

Either way, my version of the @Kieme(ITA) HD mods has been altered to better fit in with the CMSF2 engine (mostly in terms of distant bitmaps).

Rather than go through my current set-up, bit by bit, here it is in its entirety (for battles in Syria)...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hk8tt6jfxv2ro8l/zzzzSyria.7z/file

On 7/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, IanL said:

No that will not cause any conflicts. I am certain for a PC install. Only pretty sure for a Mac install. :)

No problem at all for a Mac installation. The folder name it creates is different than the full game so there's no chance of overwriting anything. Go for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...