CMSF1 scenarios & campaigns

37mm

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

Just fixed that for you mate - give @Bootiea few hours to review my upload and a CMSF-2 compatible Op BARRAS mission will be yours at the Scenario Depot.

Hey, good to know Combatintman. It was the first scenario I started when SF2 came out because in SF1 I could never get it to show up in the game. (I had a number of scenarios like that. It had to do with Windows compatibility issues.) I love playing Brits and I game Modern African wars with miniatures, so  alwayswanted to give it a spin. I’m only about 15 minutes in, so I’ll wait for your new version.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TankHunter said:

Very good service 37mm, found a few that I had downloaded and lost along the way.

On a related note, does anyone have the a Battle of Wanat scenario from SF1? I had it, and evidently lost it or deleted at some point.

It's in the collection.

Originally it was called Wanat... I've renamed it to "US Wanat".

On 9/27/2018 at 6:26 PM, 37mm said:

For anybody interested I have many hundreds of scenarios & campaigns (apparently all will be playable in CMSF2).

I got rid of a bunch of duplicates/older versions & renamed a lot of them so they're easier to sort out...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s67v5pnem3x0kp8/AAAhJTwMwh6kJHWaz1qFDZjGa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1mu30n0qsjw3sk0/AABb-_fnlr21dLxGVv6a7VAVa?dl=0

... I estimate there's about 800 scenarios if you include the campaigns.

Thanks for uploading these, its cool to see some old favorites in the updated engine and to play around with them in the editor.  Great learning tools.  

• 1 month later...

Along with all the mods, have also included all the user-made campaigns and scenarios for all CM2 releases in the HD dump to Bootie. 

But, sorting all that out will be a huge job.  Am hoping that Shane can find a way to make everything available for d/l by members.  However, each member will have to test each mod they d/l to ensure the old mod(s) still run using the new engine (and make a report to let others know if the mod(s) still work ok or need to be discarded.

Edited by Erwin

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Along with all the mods, have also included all the user-made campaigns and scenarios for all CM2 releases in the HD dump to Bootie. 

:o  Wow!!! And I thought it was just mods for some reason.  Campaigns and scenarios also!!  This is going to greatly increase the content of CMMODS & Scenario Depot.  +1  

• 4 months later...

Aloha 37mm this is an amazing collection that makes SF2 great value for me.  Thank you.  More CMSF customers could be made aware of it!

As a side note are there any tools / tips for making it easier to catalog / view scenarios and maps both inside and outside of the CM applications?  Most of the time I play QB's or scenarios I really just want to see a map overview but it becomes guesswork and memory games.

2 hours ago, Col Rosenberger said:

Aloha 37mm this is an amazing collection that makes SF2 great value for me.  Thank you.  More CMSF customers could be made aware of it!

As a side note are there any tools / tips for making it easier to catalog / view scenarios and maps both inside and outside of the CM applications?  Most of the time I play QB's or scenarios I really just want to see a map overview but it becomes guesswork and memory games.

@IanL does have a list of some scenarios IIRC (although his site appears to be down at the moment).

However, in general, you're correct... it's a matter of memory & guesswork.

I myself have probably only ever looked at a small fraction of the available content... never mind played it.

8 hours ago, 37mm said:

Must've just been glitching for me last night.

Well there you go @Col Rosenberger, Ian has catalogued at least half of the available scenarios & campaigns.

Outstanding 37mm & IanL.  Thanks, Ian - that's heaps of effort to put together. 

Curious as to what is meant by "The Blitz Size Modifier"?

Also - I have been wondering what happened to "The Passage to Wilcox" battle that was in the SF2 demo?  It never showed up in my SF2 purchase? 

I see there is something very similar in this collection - but still wondering what happened to the SF2 demo version?  http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/ShockForce/Scenarios/Tactical Vignette 99-2 The Passage at Wilcox SF2.html

This is clearly a starting point for the SF2 demo but has map with more extreme ground slopes and appears to lack the key intersection that had the IED?

9 minutes ago, Col Rosenberger said:

Also - I have been wondering what happened to "The Passage to Wilcox" battle that was in the SF2 demo?  It never showed up in my SF2 purchase? 

I don't believe it was ever part of CMSF1, just the CMSF1 demo.  There was never a CMSF2 demo.  As such it wasn't included in CMSF2 either.  It can however still be run and seems like it is available from Erwin's compendium. How's that for a big word?  I have the best words.....

Caveat is I have altered my game files so much I can't reliably say what was or wasn't in original sale anymore. I probably have 8 different version of Circle the Wagons now.   :)  

Edited by sburke

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

I don't believe it was ever part of CMSF1, just the CMSF1 demo.  There was never a CMSF2 demo.  As such it wasn't included in CMSF2 either.  It can however still be run and seems like it is available from Erwin's compendium. How's that for a big word?  I have the best words.....

🤔

I spent a lot of time playing something called "CMSF2 demo" that @Battlefront.com announced on October 17th, 2018.

It had the excellent "Passage to Wilcox" battle.  It appears that it was / is not the same as "Tactical Vignette 99-2 The Passage at Wilcox" that is in the collection highlighted in this thread?

Screenshot 2019-07-13 08.31.52.png

17 minutes ago, Col Rosenberger said:

But maybe the "duh" reply is then:

(1) re-download the demo

(2) install in parallel to the full CMSF2

(3) grab the Wilcox .btt file and move it into purchased CMSF2 

Would installing the CMSF2 demo along with the paid CMSF2 break any settings?

The original CMSF1 "Tactical Vignette; Passage from Wilcox " is part of my package & is, indeed, very different from the CMSF2 Demo scenario.

The SF2 update, which comes with the base game, is identical to the Demo scenario as far as I can tell.

What might be causing confusion is, because of the very long title names, you probably won't be able to differentiate between the two very easily on the scenario select screen (the SF2 suffix, of the update, just isn't visible).

I recall encountering a similiar issue when I played the other Tactical Vignette.

3 hours ago, Col Rosenberger said:

🤔

I spent a lot of time playing something called "CMSF2 demo" that @Battlefront.com announced on October 17th, 2018.

It had the excellent "Passage to Wilcox" battle.  It appears that it was / is not the same as "Tactical Vignette 99-2 The Passage at Wilcox" that is in the collection highlighted in this thread?

Screenshot 2019-07-13 08.31.52.png

well smack me silly and call me old!  damn that wasn't even a year ago.   😪