ChrisC70

screen captures

I have to use Red Thunder for a class and they want screen shots in the AAR, but using shift-PrtScrn or Fn-PrtScrn does not work, it captures the desktop that is under the game. Snipping tool is also useless.

I am running on a brand new laptop with Windows 10, I did not have this issue with my last class and old computer.

What is the trick?

I use FRAPs on my main gaming machine. It has a bunch of other features that don't work on Win10 but the capturing of in game screens does still work. On my gaming note book I have an nVidia card and if you install the GeForce Experience it has support for capturing screens built into the driver already. It works just fine and I am sure I will eventually switch.

I used to have FRAPs for this, but I don't have it now. These days I use Steam. You can import any game into it, very easy. Then launch the game from the Steam (or create a new shortcut from inside the Steam) and Steam overlay will hook up and screenshot function will work inside the game.

One major note though! There's a hotkey conflict. I had to set Steam screenshots to F1 instead of the default one which is used in CM.

Result: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004245883/screenshots/?appid=sc_107807&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad