Strange thing happening - images reversed on buildings

JulianJ

I have come across another very strange thing while modding buildings - images are flipped horizontally so left becomes right etc.

This means any writing is reversed, which is very peculiar.  It happens on buildings and modded flavour objects as wel.

First image - in foreground is a pub, all the writing is OK (even if you can't read the beer signs);   in the bg I have created a women's fashion shop. It's flipped, and the writing is wrong - although I cannot read Ukrainian I know when it is up the creek, and people who can (including Russians) will be annoyed.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I don't want to put up a risible mod that will be laughed at.

Any ideas what's going wrong?  The second shot is the ground floor as it should be.

CM-Black-Sea-2018-09-24-17-56-01-83crop.jpg

Proton-Mall-scr.jpg

Unfortunately that isn't it.  I did exactly the same for the  pub and the fashion boutique and only one of them came out funny.  Also, (not shown) I made a kiosk kebab vendor out of the newspaper kiosk, and half the signs were reversed. It's very frustrating,and seems to make no sense to me.

Speculating, but I wonder if it depends:

1) Which side of the building it's on

2) Which orientation the building is in

3) What type of building the texture is on

That seems like it would be fairly testable, and might be down to offset errors (flipping a bit somewhere, which might not even be noticable if the vanilla textures were symmetric)

Hi again
I just dived in to some of my old building mods - and discovered that my memory had failed me:

It seems that the facade in the BMP "building103-front-level-0" is in fact flipped - at least in CMBN. But that seems to be the only one I can find.

Is this the name of the file in your game as well?