about hit decals

Hello
I loaded the mod of Mord hits decal and noticed that the impacts did not appear each time. it has nothing to do with the mod but makes it more visible and obvious. Does this happen to you too? I had already noticed it I feel that it is more numerous. can be a problem of adjustment ?
similarly I have a considerable number of mods  such thirty uniform Heer this number can he disturbed the operation of the game?

8 hours ago, Falaise said:

I loaded the mod of Mord hits decal and noticed that the impacts did not appear each time. it has nothing to do with the mod but makes it more visible and obvious. Does this happen to you too? I had already noticed it I feel that it is more numerous. can be a problem of adjustment ?

That sounds wrong and would be considered a bug. If you have a hit that does not leave a mark then it would be a bug. Keep in mind that sometimes the hit can be hard to see. Since there is no track damage directly modelled you can sometimes end up with hit decals behind tracks that are hard to see. I have seen that many times - the hit is there but you can only see it if you direct the camera from a certain angle.

similarly I have a considerable number of mods  such thirty uniform Heer this number can he disturbed the operation of the game?

Not significantly. Your detail settings can control how many variants are used in the game and if your mods don't have sequential numbering there are some that might never get used. In general if you have a decent graphics card loading up lots of uniform variants is not an issue.

thanks lanL for your answer
yes I have already noticed that sometime impact is hard to see
that's why I loaded the Mords mod that color them to make them more visible
but I confirm, sometimes the impact does not appear
I did not have this problem before, I have had to change something
I love this feature that I use to identify of where the gun fire came!
In addition to uniforms I also use a lot of texture variant to get with the random many variations of landscape
as for example this hedge which counts 4 or 5 texture

180925073447294636.jpg
I applied it on everything and maybe the graphics card is overloaded and no longer systematically takes the hit decal

16 minutes ago, Falaise said:

maybe the graphics card is overloaded and no longer systematically takes the hit decal

But why just the hit decal? I suppose it is possible. If it is that you should be able to save the game, remove some of your other mods and reload it and see the hit decal.

Otherwise it could just be a bug. Try this next time you get a hit that does not make a hit decal:

1) Make note and save the turn in the replay phase so you can watch it again.

2) Exit the game

3) remove all your other mods (just move them out of the folder no need to delete all your glorious stuff)

4) Load up the turn again and watch the hit.

5) Repeat removing the hit decal mods if you like.

If it really is missing you can share the file and we can report the bug.

I generally use 'Balanced' for Graphic Settings, and noticed if using only a few vehicles then 'Hit Decals' will stay visible at a greater range...However, if many more Vehicles, then I would have to get up real close before the 'Hit Decals' become visible.

Falaise, Do you notice this issue above ? I know if you increase the Graphics Setting to Max, then you should be able to see the 'Hit Decals' if using a lot more vehicles at a greater distance.

Edited by JoMc67

Hello JoMC67
I always use the graphical characteristics to the maximum.
however your comment on the number of vehicles is interesting because, it will be necessary to verify, it seems to me that the disappearance of the hit decal occurs when a large number of vehicles is affected

I can not resist sharing this photo with you! I passed close this sherman m4a2 today during a professional trip
I out a little of the thread, though!
here the hit decal are clearly visible

180926064129366775.jpg

That's no Knife...Now, THAT'S a Knife :-)

Edited by JoMc67

I also sometimes notice that hit decals are missing.

In about 1/3 of the cases, it's just hidden in between the wheels or in other places difficult to spot.

In another 1/3 of cases, it's hidden behind thin panels that for some reason don't get a hit decal. But if you zoom in close enough to do an "x-ray" on the vehicle, you can sometimes find the decals. For example, behind the little panels on the front of the US halftrack engine.

But in the last 1/3 of cases, it just seems to not be there for some reason.