Jump to content

They meant september of next year!


Recommended Posts

If you don't feed a troll, they starve. There is nothing a troll hates more than people not feeding it. They will begin arguing with themselves, which is akin to eating their own leg.

I once had a young Marine on my F-4 hydraulics crew in the Marine Corps who started night courses at a local college. The problem was that he developed an "inflated ego" because he was in college, and started getting into debates with pilots in the ready room. I had to order him to stay out of the ready room, and to stop trying to get the officers into a debate. This thread sounds eerily like that young Marine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like you got a bunch of fussy grannies waiting at the bus stop.  "Oh, it's those bus drivers, again. They're always late." "It's not their fault! The traffic here is always bad." "

Really when customers paid $120 in advance they have no right to be notified or updated when they might actually receive the product?? You really should rethink that!! To be honest it's getting to

I agree completely. The developers have developed some bad habits concerning marketing and support of their games, and these habits continue to go unchallanged by the community, thus ensuring the cont

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

If you don't feed a troll, they starve. There is nothing a troll hates more than people not feeding it. They will begin arguing with themselves, which is akin to eating their own leg.

I once had a young Marine on my F-4 hydraulics crew in the Marine Corps who started night courses at a local college. The problem was that he developed an "inflated ego" because he was in college, and started getting into debates with pilots in the ready room. I had to order him to stay out of the ready room, and to stop trying to get the officers into a debate. This thread sounds eerily like that young Marine.

cool story bro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sburke said:

Mr @Lethaface the doctor is ready to see you now for your proctology exam.  And we offer no refunds. 

LOL, I was tempted to say pretty much the same thing, but erred on the side of cooling the flames with water rather than gasoline (that would be petrol to some).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

If you don't feed a troll, they starve. There is nothing a troll hates more than people not feeding it. They will begin arguing with themselves, which is akin to eating their own leg.

I once had a young Marine on my F-4 hydraulics crew in the Marine Corps who started night courses at a local college. The problem was that he developed an "inflated ego" because he was in college, and started getting into debates with pilots in the ready room. I had to order him to stay out of the ready room, and to stop trying to get the officers into a debate. This thread sounds eerily like that young Marine.

The trollers are those who cannot assimilate basic facts and knowledge but persist in failed arguments. Or else they offer snide comments because they realise they have no effective counter arguments. You have demonstrated that you fall perfectly into both these categories 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Steppenwulf said:

The trollers are those who cannot assimilate basic facts and knowledge but persist in failed arguments. Or else they offer snide comments because they realise they have no effective counter arguments. You have demonstrated that you fall perfectly into both these categories 

Have you looked in a mirror lately?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonders me why I am not that affected by all of this and still are very excited for CMSF2 even when it takes longer. I am pretty sure it will be awesome.

Being plagued with a cursed passion for my beloved naval sims Distant Guns Pro and Jutland Pro I probably have gone trough customer hell full with zero communication, login fails, and DRM issues that I probably stopped caring or having emotions at all 😅

Edited by The Wolves of Steel
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lethaface said:

I'm not of that age yet, but I guess you enjoyed those? 😜

In case anyone got their hopes up; sorry I'm straight 😂

Yeah unfortunately I am at that age. I haven’t quite adopted @Mord s attitude yet but who knows as I get older and look for excitement wherever I can get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vet 0369 said:

So you tossed in a grenade. I hope someone doesn't pull thr pin and toss it back. 😄

Hehe I felt an urge to change the subject back to the sales policy :D. Now for the life of Brian I don't know why anyone would want to read any sales policy in his off-time. Hell I try to stay away from reading any legal texts professionally, that's what the legal persons are for isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sburke said:

Yeah unfortunately I am at that age. I haven’t quite adopted @Mord s attitude yet but who knows as I get older and look for excitement wherever I can get it. 

Fortunately, I own the CMSF1 Big Bundle on my Mac. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it for two years because of a licensing issue with the Mac OS that even Steve couldn't fix. But he did promise me that it would be fixed "soon" when they updated CMSF to the new engine, so I've been waiting for this update for two years. I guess I should be the biggest complainer, but I know BF, and I'm patient enough to understand that "Stuff" happens, and that no amount of my complaining is going to get it out any faster. You have three choices for everything in life. You can accept it, you can change it, or you can leave it. You get one choice, if you can't change it, or can't leave it, the only choice you have left is to accept it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Fortunately, I own the CMSF1 Big Bundle on my Mac. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it for two years because of a licensing issue with the Mac OS that even Steve couldn't fix. But he did promise me that it would be fixed "soon" when they updated CMSF to the new engine, so I've been waiting for this update for two years. I guess I should be the biggest complainer, but I know BF, and I'm patient enough to understand that "Stuff" happens, and that no amount of my complaining is going to get it out any faster. You have three choices for everything in life. You can accept it, you can change it, or you can leave it. You get one choice, if you can't change it, or can't leave it, the only choice you have left is to accept it! 

Well, no licensing issue on my MacBook Pro in beta. We had to have a license for the first download when we started Alpha builds. However, the caveat is that my CMSF1 worked fine prior to that as well, so hopefully because it's now different it will work for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Fortunately, I own the CMSF1 Big Bundle on my Mac. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it for two years because of a licensing issue with the Mac OS that even Steve couldn't fix. But he did promise me that it would be fixed "soon" when they updated CMSF to the new engine, so I've been waiting for this update for two years. I guess I should be the biggest complainer, but I know BF, and I'm patient enough to understand that "Stuff" happens, and that no amount of my complaining is going to get it out any faster. You have three choices for everything in life. You can accept it, you can change it, or you can leave it. You get one choice, if you can't change it, or can't leave it, the only choice you have left is to accept it! 

Yeah that's a healthy way of looking at things. Accepting stuff is great, greater than Trump can ever accept. Anyhow I try to take things as lightly as possible, especially when it comes to updates to computer games. For the RL parts I like the improvise, adapt and overcome concept. And staying positive, it sure makes the days a lot nicer! :)

Edited by Lethaface
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Well, no licensing issue on my MacBook Pro in beta. We had to have a license for the first download when we started Alpha builds. However, the caveat is that my CMSF1 worked fine prior to that as well, so hopefully because it's now different it will work for you.

Yeah, Steve said that it was a rare, but not unknown issue where the OS corrupted something, or it could have had something to do with me moving the program to another drive plus the OS corrupting stuff. Fortunately, I still have, and have loaded, my Paradox PC disk and Marines Module onto my Boot Camp Win 7 side. I've lost all my CMSF mods though. So, I really can't understand how folks can get so upset over it missing the dates, or Steve not communicating. It'll be ready when it's ready.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, coming to this one late.

Our policy is to not take preorders until we think we're withing 6-8 weeks of being ready to ship.  Sometimes we hit this window, other times (like now) we do not.  Customers have three choices:

1.  Preorder and accept that we aren't exactly sure when the game will ship

2.  Don't preorder and instead wait for the game to be done first

3.  Preorder, get despondent that we're taking too long, contact the Help Desk, and ask for a refund

Is there another reasonable and rational option that we should consider adding to the mix? 

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

Yeah, Steve said that it was a rare, but not unknown issue where the OS corrupted something, or it could have had something to do with me moving the program to another drive plus the OS corrupting stuff. Fortunately, I still have, and have loaded, my Paradox PC disk and Marines Module onto my Boot Camp Win 7 side. I've lost all my CMSF mods though. So, I really can't understand how folks can get so upset over it missing the dates, or Steve not communicating. It'll be ready when it's ready.

I never forget a case like yours (I know our conversation right off the top of my head), but that doesn't mean I'll remember to email you about it in the first week of release.  A reminder to me is advised ;)

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I never forget a case like yours (I know our conversation right off the top of my head), but that doesn't mean I'll remember to email you about it in the first week of release.  A reminder to me is advised ;)

Steve

LOL, especially as I tagged you through support a time or two asking for a status. I was a Marine too long to not have chain of command beaten into me. I'll probably forget to remind you though. I some times have trouble remembering my name if everyone isn't yelling it at me all the time. I have faith that it'll be released, and that it will be AWESOME doing Marine amphibious landings when CptMiller or GruntGI, or some one creates scenarios with them. Trust me. I'll know when you release it.

One question for BF or one of the Moderators though: I've been all over the new site, but for the life of me, I can't find any of the game demos for any of the games. I believe the demos used to be on the Patches page, but I didn't find them there.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK AND GET MY GAME OUT😈

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...