They meant september of next year!

tavichh

My memory does not serve me so well anymore. but BF has never hit a guess-amated time frame for any release.  Other than once as I recall, and that kind of sticks out to me because I was shocked that Steve finially came through with getting one right, even if it was a statement that the release was only a few weeks away.

The best move they ever did was when they did cmfI, which was never gave a clue as to it coming out or when. (solved having threads like these)

I figure if we are lucky, we see something this month, if not for sure next month

I don't remember Battlefront ever hitting an announced date either. I also can't see any justifiable reason to clutch at pearls in horror when the statement was:

The obvious question out there is "when will CMSF2 ship?" We're aiming for no later than the end of September.

Which is still accurate - one of the possible outcomes of aiming at something is that you'll miss.

Disappointing, no question - I too would like be playing with tiny soldiers right now.

Offering preorders does muddy things, since there's been some kind of monetary transaction. Pre-ordering in general is rarely something that benefits the consumer though.

Do Battlefront do the best PR work? Certainly not, but that's a very different question. There's clearly an effort/benefit calculation to be done there, and since I haven't done that, I can't say whether it would be worth their time (whether better PR would equate to more sales). Same applies to issues around Steam, or any other questions about how their business is run. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of worthwhile improvement that could be made here, but I don't remotely have the context to have a founded opinion about it.

The Engine 4 patch/issues are a more serious matter, I think. Battlefront has clearly been through a blip in terms of staffing, and the engine is not where they'd like it to be right now, with the variously known issues. It's definitely a fully playable product, but I think it is the only area where you could make a defensible argument that one had be "let down" or similar. I still don't think that's an argument that I'm keen to make, but I suspect it's a viable one.

2 hours ago, slysniper said:

but BF has never hit a guess-amated time frame for any release.

Well, they at least did give an estimated guess when  SF2 might come out, and so they are still in the Ball Park-ish time frame.

Edited by JoMc67

4 hours ago, JoMc67 said:
4 hours ago, snarre said:

still waiting that dam patch.

Yeah, and especially waiting for that Darn Patch (watch your cursing around here, snare).

A dam holds back water. Damn is a curse word. Let's see if the forum sw will let that through. :D

Edited by IanL
add smilie

Perhaps, in a nether-world-isch manner, he is yearning for a way to have different levels of water in game? I would not levee such a charge on him, but if he's willing to go Dutch on the cost of the implementation, it could perhaps get done?

You're welcome. :)

On 9/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, Majestic12 said:

So as a new member...I have to ask more senior members if this missed deadline is a classic battlefront move or is it an anomaly? What should expect in the coming weeks before we panic?

As long as Steve hasn't used the word "soon" we should be good...

2 hours ago, sfhand said:

As long as Steve hasn't used the word "soon" we should be good...

WAH! Yep! Mountains have risen from the plains, glaciers have melted into ponds, and monkeys have given up the trees for time shares in Miami, in the same span as one of Steve's "soons". The last time he said it I watched an ant go from building a sand mound with his face to full on construction worker. Little b***** came out one day driving a bulldozer. Had a cigar in his mouth, a cup off coffee in his hand and a hard hat that read "Proud member of Local 152".

Thank an unspecified and non-denominational deity that "soon" hasn't been uttered...

Mord.

Edited by Mord

42 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

@Battlefront.com

Why do you do this to us?

We just want to love you, hug you, and give you all of our money.

Crazy thing is, you won't even just take the money.

This is a very complicated relationship. I think we need counseling.

Nice poem 😂  I've got nothing better to do so here's another one 😂 :

There is a game by Battlefront, that rules the gaming league

Combat Mission owns this title, and none other can compete.

But sadly the game never released, and stayed in development mode,

And even after thirty years, people still wait for it to go.