They meant september of next year!

tavichh

6 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Here, some 1970s art rock to soothe the savage refresh monkeys.

NICE! One of my all time favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see them with Yes in 98 or 99. 

With that said. Give us some info! Are we close or is it gonna take longer? I was hoping to at least see the demo by now.

Mord.

19 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

There is no use to push for the release of the game. Battlefront is not holding the release back to push their fans into anger, they have their reason to release the game on the best date possible. Waiting is the most convinient option.

I don't mind the wait.  It's Battlefront's repeated unkept promises that I find quite irritating.  If you run into unexpected issues that slow down progress, let us know you can't make the target date, we would surely understand.  But to disappear for over a month and not give any status update is unprofessional by my book.

Edited by pquumm

1 hour ago, pquumm said:

I don't mind the wait.  It's Battlefront's repeated unkept promises that I find quite irritating.  If you run into unexpected issues that slow down progress, let us know you can't make the target date, we would surely understand.  But to disappear for over a month and not give any status update is unprofessional by my book.

I think they probably don´t know exactly themselves, when the problem will be fixed, because it might be difficult to estimate, whatever it is, and they hope, that they will be still on time. You are right, a more open communication might be more professional, but it is not a big deal in my opinion.
I am confident they are working eagerly on the issue, and that pushing them will not help to fix the problem.

Edited by Dr.Fusselpulli

7 hours ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

I am confident they are working eagerly on the issue, and that pushing them will not help to fix the problem.

LOL yep. There is no actual problem just work to be done. Estimating work is typically difficult and this is no exception. It will get done. Honestly none of the solutions put forward will make much of a difference. If they don't give a date we'd be listening to people whining that they don't know what they are doing and it is unprofessional to not know.  If they gave and "we are working on it and it's not quite ready yet" update once a week or once a month we'd be listening to people whining that it is unprofessional that they cannot tell us what they are doing. And clearly if they give a date and then approach missing it (which BTW they have not yet) then we get to hear people whine that it is unprofessional to not tell us they are going to miss the date.

I realize that it might not be the same people whining in each scenario but the whining would happen none the less.

I recommend we all go play the games we do have and have some fun and check back later to see when they are done. Later can be later today or tomorrow or once a week whatever works to help keep you from doing the whining. :D And that's just supposed to be a friendly dig not a full on insult - just in case someone takes it the wrong way. 

56 minutes ago, Raptorx7 said:

It isn't whining when people have been waiting two years for a patch, and it isn't whining when a date is set for a release and then missed without a word.

You're the one who whines after people criticize BF for anything.

I agree completely. The developers have developed some bad habits concerning marketing and support of their games, and these habits continue to go unchallanged by the community, thus ensuring the continuation of said bad habbits. If their product sucked I obviously wouldn't care one bit, but since the product is pretty excellent this constant lack of communication and broken promises and deadlines (in regards to the patch) is getting on my nerves. 

Edited by Andreas3

1 hour ago, Raptorx7 said:

It isn't whining when people have been waiting two years for a patch, and it isn't whining when a date is set for a release and then missed without a word.

Sure it is. Asked and answered over and over and over. Are you saying it is not whining when your kid in the back seat says "are we there yet" every block? Do you think you owe them an update every 100m? Do you think that if your update was wrong by a few minutes they are now entitled to start the "are we there yet" chorus again. I called it whining when my kids did that.

Edited by IanL
typeo

7 minutes ago, IanL said:

Sure it is. Asked and answered over and over and over. Are you saying it is not whining when your kid in the back seat says "are we there yet" every block? Do you think you owe them an update every 100m? Do you think that if your update was wrong by a few minutes they are now entitled to start the "are we there yet" chorus again. I called it whining when my kids did that.

Really when customers paid $120 in advance they have no right to be notified or updated when they might actually receive the product?? You really should rethink that!!

To be honest it's getting to the point where I'm thinking that I ought to request a refund because I could spend the money on something else that I can enjoy right now, not in 6 months time. I don't think that's an unreasonable regret on the part of the customer either!

Edited by The Steppenwulf

26 minutes ago, Andreas3 said:

Blind fanboyism at it's best. Not very "grown up" in my book...

Or possibly just a realistic assessment of what you can or should expect, but we go round and round this circle every product release and it is pretty pointless. No one is ultimately happy and yet it is not likely going to change. 

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

Or possibly just a realistic assessment of what you can or should expect, but we go round and round this circle every product release and it is pretty pointless. No one is ultimately happy and yet it is not likely going to change. 

Which was the point I was trying to make but with some humour. Clearly that humour missed the mark - or some people's mark anyway