Any YouTube footage out there?

Oscar19681

16 minutes ago, Oscar19681 said:

irIs there any cmsf 2 footage out there besides a handfull of screenshots? Even the screenshots are rather scarce for a title thats about to get released to be honoust..

no.  When you start seeing youtube footage odds are the game will have been released.  BF is particular even about screenshots until the game is through Beta.  Some of what we have gotten was surprisingly early. The Marines for example look a bit different than earlier screenshots.  If you have been following the comments, one big item of change for CMSF2 is the soldier models were completely redone.  It is a lot of detail and hence there being cautious about shots until they are comfortable nothing has been missed as the uniform grogs will have a field day otherwise :D 

Edited by sburke

Well if they would put out more videos on different peoples channels they would see an increase in viewership. Panzerpajamas makes great videos of CM games and has a respectable amount of subscribers on Youtube, why not ask him to do a video on the beta of Shock Force 2 to get the word out?

I could list more CM Youtubers if anyone's interested, but I honestly don't understand why it isn't done by BF.

4 hours ago, Harry Speakup said:

Marketing is not Battlefront's strongest point. ChrisND's Twitch streams were great and are sorely missed.

Some simple solid beta YouTube clips basicly equals self marketing... Google cmsf-2. Not a whole lot out There.

i mean i understand its a really small dev team. But Some YouTube clips showing Some features or beta AAR sure wouldnt hurt Sales if your ask me..

On 9/24/2018 at 1:30 AM, Oscar19681 said:

Some simple solid beta YouTube clips basicly equals self marketing... Google cmsf-2. Not a whole lot out There.

i mean i understand its a really small dev team. But Some YouTube clips showing Some features or beta AAR sure wouldnt hurt Sales if your ask me..

You're not wrong. If a text AAR with supporting screen grabs and the occasional animated gif on the devs own forum is good for generating interest, then a Youtube video of the game and supporting commentary would be exponentially better IMHO. It would likely required a big, "This is a beta build and as such is a WIP,... etc etc" Lest the pickers of nits come out in force for Nitfest 2018, the picking convention for those into that hobby.