Don't post Combat Mission on Steam.

No there isn't. But I was upset comments on my profile all of a sudden were censored. So I went on the forums and complained in their suggestions that it be reversed or we at least be given the option. Then everyone proceeded to tell me to leave if I don't like it, it's their platform, none of the games actually belong to me. Apparently it's in the fine print @sburke

Don't post CM on Steam ever. 

Edited by Artkin

27 minutes ago, Artkin said:

No there isn't. But I was upset comments on my profile all of a sudden were censored. So I went on the forums and complained in their suggestions that it be reversed or we at least be given the option. Then everyone proceeded to tell me to leave if I don't like it, it's their platform, none of the games actually belong to me. Apparently it's in the fine print @sburke

Don't post CM on Steam ever. 

Still unclear what this is all about.

The EULA defines what you own about the game. Commenting about the game is not controlled by EULA, posting software about the game is.  So what exactly are you being censored for? 

License
This License does not provide you with title to or ownership of the software program "Combat Mission: xxxxxx" (the "Software"), but only a right of limited use of the Software, and ownership of the media on which a copy of the Software is reproduced. The Software, including its source code, is, and shall remain, the property of Battlefront.com, Inc. You may make a copy of the Software solely for back-up purposes, provided that you reproduce all proprietary notices (e.g., copyright, trade secret, trademark) in the same form as in the original and retain possession of such back-up copy. The term "copy" as used in this License means any reproduction of the Software, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, including without limitation, print-outs on any legible material, duplication in memory devices of any type, and handwritten or oral duplication or reproduction. The manual may not be copied, photographed, reproduced, translated, or reduced to any electrical medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without prior written consent from Battlefront.com, Inc.. All rights not specifically granted in this Agreement are reserved by Battlefront.com, Inc.
You shall not, in any way, modify, enhance, decode, or reverse engineer the Software. User-created scenarios and other materials like graphics or other mods may be distributed free of charge, but shall not be sold, licensed, or included as part of any package or product that is sold or licensed, without the prior written consent of Battlefront.com, Inc.. You may not rent or lease the Software or related materials.
You may permanently transfer the Software and related written materials if you retain no copies, and the transferee agrees to be bound by the terms of this License. Such a transfer terminates your License to use the Software and related materials.
In order to install and run the Software, you acknowledge and agree to the installation of a third party licensing application on your computer.

Limited warranty
Battlefront.com warrants to the original purchaser that the media on which the Software is recorded is free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and service for 90 days from the date of delivery of the Software. This warranty does not cover material that has been lost, stolen, copied, or damaged by accident, misuse, neglect, or unauthorized modification.
Battlefront.com's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at Battlefront.com's option, either return of the price paid, or replacement of the media which does not meet the limited warranty described above. The media must be returned to Battlefront.com with a copy of your purchase receipt. Any replacement Software media shall be subject to this same limited warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period, or thirty days, whichever is longer.

Limitation of liability
BATTLEFRONT.COM MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED MATERIALS, THEIR QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AS A RESULT, THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED MATERIALS ARE LICENSED "AS IS". IN NO EVENT WILL BATTLEFRONT.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND RELATED MATERIALS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION AS TO HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND/OR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND/OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

So, your profile got reported, some Steam admin removed some offending content from your profile, and now you are all mad. What does this have to do with Combat Mission?

As for "not owning what you've paid for" any game or software activated online is beholden to said activation service, whether it is Microsoft's servers, Steam, or Battlefront. If any of them decide not to activate software you "own" you are up **** creek. Of course, I've never heard of any of them arbitrarily doing that, but I have been personally burnt buying SWAT 4 on Direct2Drive once upon a time. They lost the rights to SWAT 4 and suddenly my game no longer worked...

Thats not what happened. I said your games dont belong to you. So you should never post CM on Steam. 

This all started when I messaged Steam support due to the censoring of comments on my profile. I wanted to read them. Theyre funny.

I bought Men of War on D2D a long time ago. Forgot about them. 

Edited by Artkin

What in the h*ll are you talking about?

I went on Steam and then they said go away, and then some comments were deleted, then Combat Mission, then you don't own your games, then EULA stuff...then I passed the bong.

This is like a an acid trip where I didn't get any.

EDITED: Yes, I know, I mixed my drug metaphors but it seemed to fit into the gibberish theme this thread evokes.

EDITED: I do not condone drug use except on days ending with sunsets.

EDITED: I don't do drugs. I can barely do mornings.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Alright round 3.

Forget the previous censorship comments.

When you buy a game on Steam it's not really "yours". They can do anything they want with it or your account at any time no questions asked. 

It just so happens that Steam staff/devs are getting progressively worse IMO. 

The topic of Steam was recently brought back to life. So I figured I'd share my enigmatic complaining in light of this.