POO or Crap?

My friends I apologize for using this forum for this purpose, but the CHEEK of the man is not to be believed.

Matt, we're on to your little game, yet another CM conspiracy has been flushed into the open. I refer, of course, to the Netscape vs. IE issue. On May 14 of this year you dropped the following bomb:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>#1 Netscape is a steamy pile of Poo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet just TODAY you dumped this on our unsuspecting forum:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...Netscape (being the steamy pile of crap that it is)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Mr. MadMatt person ... or whoever you REALLT are ... what's the whole dirty story? Is Netscape POO or is it CRAP? You have been exposed, and all your good work has gone down the toilet. I hope you're willing to come clean and wipe the slate because something doesn't smell right about this.

The TRUTH is out there ...

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 07-20-2000).]

Cute post, Joe.

All I can say is that Netscape Navigator email isn't susceptible to those nasty ILOVEYOU-type viruses (at least at present...) - only Microsoft products like Outlook (which nestle in all cozy-like with Windows itself) are. For me, the further away my email reader and browser are from my OS, the happier I am. wink.gif

obligatoryCMcontent: Besides the fact that the above issue could remotely have an effect on PBEM, neither the Panzer IV nor the M4 were susceptible to email viruses (hey, it's technically true).

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 07-20-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Hey Rollstoy why don't you take that Chip on your shoulder there as well?!?

I never had a beef with you (that I can recall) yet everytime I turn around you are harping on me about something today.

EDITED BECAUSE IN THE END, IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER WHAT I THINK...

Madmatt

p.s. I just knew using 'crap' instead of 'poo' would not have gone un-noticed!

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

So you why don't you just BITE ME

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madmatt, when did you trade mark BITE ME phrase? Does that mean that every time I want to use that phrase, and I use it alot, I have to get your permission? What am I to do? Please help me, cause I don't think I can make it with out using that phrase. biggrin.gif

BITE ME ,

Bauhaus

Guest Madmatt

I am now offering a Subscription Service for the use of newly trademarked Madmatt phrases. Please select from the options below:

The following phrases, words, diction and grammar have all been trademarked and their use by parties unlicensed shall be restricted and penalized to the fullest extent of the law which includes, but is not limited to, death, dismemberment, marriage,attendence to the Fionn school for the advancement of brevity in correspondance and marathon gaming sessions of Sudden Strike.

Trademarked words/phrases:

Poo

AWESOME

Warm Glass of Shut the Hell Up (approved via Ben Stiller)

Bite Me

!

!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Rates on useage:

Per Use= $.50

Bulk rate, less than 500 utterances= $200 (savings of $50 over the Per Use charge!)

Monthly= $300

Yearly= $3,300 (save $300!!!)

We also offer AARP, AAA and Diners Club discounts.

We do NOT accept American Express...

So don't be left out without a catchy comeback phrase or exclamation mark! Order yours today!!!

Note: Madmatt, MadBot, !(in any multiples of three),Poo, Bite Me, AWESOME, and Warm Glass of Shut the Hell Up, are the sole Intellectual Property of MINE and no you can't have any either!!!

The Conspiracy...Someone you trust is one of us...

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WendellM:

Oh, man, I can just feel the deserved padlock coming down on this thread from the divine hand of Charles/Steve.... (even though we've all had fun, it's deserved) smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh why would that be? I can just see the royalties BTS has to be pay to MadMatt once they introduce voice cues like 'Bite me' (to be uttered when a sharpshooter takes out a Hotchkiss thingy with one shot) or 'Here grunt, have a WARM GLASS OF SHUT THE HELL UP' (to be uttered by the irate SMG squad dealing with said sharpshooter). Also, can someone please clarify whether the Hotchkiss is indeed the Netscape of tanks (in a purely Madmatt way)?

------------------

Andreas

Guest dirkd1976

Hey MadMatt,

I just used poo in another thread. I put the trademark symbol behind it, and I'll send out your fifty cents tomorrow morning!! Nice doing business with you. smile.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Guest dirkd1976

Oh poo!! I mean, crap!! Now its a buck fifty. This is gonna get real expensive real quick........

------------------

[This message has been edited by dirkd1976 (edited 07-20-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

For the record, I have just received confirmation from the Department of Redundancy Department Trademark/Patents/Copyright Division that my request to trademark "" has gone through.

Thank you,(pending )

Madmatt

p.s. Pending trademark on Bela Lugosi is awaiting confirmation that he is in fact dead..

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest dirkd1976

Lol, its nice to see people kidding around instead of at each others throats!!! smile.gif

------------------

Guest Michael emrys

What makes you think he's kidding? I take everything Madmatt posts as gospel truth. In fact, I've been recording all his utterances and when he passes on to the Great Beyond I intend to start a new religion with Madmatt as the Prophet.

Michael

§????ginally posted by Madmatt:

For the record, I have just received confirmation from the Department of Redundancy Department Trademark/Patents/Copyright Division that my request to trademark "" has gone through.

Thank you,(pending )

Madmatt

p.s. Pending trademark on Bela Lugosi is awaiting confirmation that he is in fact dead..

[/quote/

® © @

I hereby claim these symbols. So send your $ to me.......ooooo, I'll take the $ thingy too.

I'll be rich, a zillionaire.

• 1 year later...

The following phrases, words, diction and grammar have all been trademarked and their use by parties unlicensed shall be restricted and penalized to the fullest extent of the law which includes, but is not limited to, death, dismemberment, marriage,attendence to the Fionn school for the advancement of brevity in correspondance and marathon gaming sessions of Sudden Strike.

Trademarked words/phrases:

Poo

AWESOME

Warm Glass of Shut the Hell Up (approved via Ben Stiller)

Bite Me

!

!!!

!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Rates on useage:

Per Use= $.50

Bulk rate, less than 500 utterances= $200 (savings of $50 over the Per Use charge!)

Monthly= $300

Yearly= $3,300 (save $300!!!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey MadOne, are these prices still good or what?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

[QB]For the record, I have just received confirmation from the Department of Redundancy Department Trademark/Patents/Copyright Division that my request to trademark "" has gone through.

Thank you,(pending )

Madmatt

I tried to get a card game I invented (bull dog poker..check my profile) copywrited and it cost me $30!!! You spent 30bucks to get TM stuck at the back of your ahem screen name if thats what you want to call it...or its just a symbol of your ever balding head because of mass dementia...either way. I know your joking...and so am I

:D

Thank you,(pending )

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt what are you doing...? Don't you have better things you could be doing?