• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WARHAMMER:

I do my best work in the dark!! :eek:

That is sooo bible belt puritanical!

Might as well report on battle progress while I'm here:

All three games are proceeding well, vs Major Tum (Neil), U8led and Bert, 15 moves or more. In the Last Road game I'm about to drive all my useless vehicles off the map at the exit zone. Hope I get plenty of bonus points even though they are not German ;) .

Its getting very interesting now...just wanted to ask when do games need to be finished by? end of Sept?
Yes, I need results turned in before the end of the month, that means everyone, if you are very close to the end of a game and let me know, I might let you go a few more days. But since round two match ups are determined from results in round one, I will need everyone in before I can start sending out the new matches. I would like to get round two out by the first week of Oct. and set the Completion date for Nov 15, that will have given you about 5 weeks for each round.

Apon completion I will need the last turn results, just send the last game file that ends the match. If the match by chance does not get completed, send the last completed turn and if you want to request a extension, still send the turn and request.

If someone starts draging their feet because you are killing them and they try to not complete the game, let me know and send the file history showing the intentional slow down and I will determine if a penalty needs to added.I hope no one tries this type of play to better their score, I want completed games, but I will not make everyone wait for those that cannot fulfill the schedule, 5 weeks is plenty of time for anyone that understands the word commitment.

One move away from finishing the Bloody River scenario and still I can't decide if it favours the defender or the attacker...I suppose that means it could be well balanced. And yet - I can't shake off the feeling that the attacker has an inbuilt advantage. Any comments from the others? (But remember that many will still be battling it out so no specifics!)

Great little fight - I'm really enjoying it smile.gif !

One move away from finishing the Bloody River scenario and still I can't decide if it favours the defender or the attacker...I suppose that means it could be well balanced. And yet - I can't shake off the feeling that the attacker has an inbuilt advantage. Any comments from the others? (But remember that many will still be battling it out so no specifics!)
Well, As the designer, I will say that I expect the British to win the majority of the games, but I like there to be a chance for each side to win the battle if played well or sometimes by just guessing right as to what tactic to use, I dont know if I call that balence, hard to adchieve that in this type of game, but I like all my Scenario's to be competative for both sides, so each man feels he has a chance to turn the battle to his favor, now if my Scenario's do not give you that feeling, then I have failed by my own standards.

Originally posted by slysniper:

... but I like all my Scenario's to be competative for both sides, so each man feels he has a chance to turn the battle to his favor, now if my Scenario's do not give you that feeling, then I have failed by my own standards.

Definitely no whinge intended, Slysniper – it’s a superb small scenario! It’s just that a/ I think it’d be interesting to hear how the other players are doing and b/ it’s about time this thread got a few more posts!

Bloody River: if we hadn’t been so fortunate with the [deleted] we’d have lost [deleted] and not ‘just’ [deleted] early on and we'd all be dead or captured by now.

What Was I Thinking: the intrepid German special forces have reached the top of the Big Flag Hill without encountering a single US infantry unit smile.gif and are now awaiting the inevitable counterattack :( .

Last Road: after indescribable confusion :mad: our traffic management skills have improved immensely… :cool:

[Edited for fog of war]

Ok bloody river

So far I would say that there is a slight advantage to the attacker. This can be completely wiped out by stupid play by the British putting their AFV's at risk like I did.

This forces you to slow down and I will have run out of time to take the VL's even though it appears that I now have the forces to do so.

Game Summary

After a few computer problems I am back in full swing

Bloody Stream - just waiting for Mikado to send the result

What were we thinking or as I like to call it what was I thinking, turn 26

Last road, 19-30 Hopefully Keith and I can get a run on which will see me finished before the end of the month.

Slysniper who designed which scenario, just as a guess I would say that you did the stream and what were we thinking and Kingfish did last road out??

cheers

Will

Another update on games:

What were we thinking: on a bye status

Last road out: 12/30, still hunting, finding small battles to fight, waiting on his big push.

Bloody stream: 23/25, drawing to the end, not crossed yet, I didn't exactly make it easy for him to, I took away 3 of the 5 crossing points.

Love all the scenarios, eventhough I'm only playing two! more later

Slysniper who designed which scenario, just as a guess I would say that you did the stream and what were we thinking and Kingfish did last road out??
That is correct, this next round Kingfish has one about the same size as his "Last Road out", I have one also with a map about the same size. Then one additinal small one in Holland, at night and foggy.

Warhammer: I have seen what you did in Bloody stream, it has worked well for you, but I personally think that your opponant could have stopped that and made you pay with the loss of at least one tank. Will never know. It will be interesting to see how you place in that battle when the scores are in. You tricky little Devil!!!

Walker !

Do you see that ? Next round a scenario set in Holland. Perhaps at the beach of Walcheren (Zeeland). In that case you can make your beachwalk this year after all! Of course, first you have to make it through to the next round. ;)

By the way, is the map in our Last Road Out game to large for you ? Are you by any chance lost or are your americans just cowards ? Haven't seen of heard from your forces for a couple of turns now ! smile.gif

Originally posted by Walker:

Great little fight - I'm really enjoying it smile.gif !

As I am playing this against you - "What advantage did I have again?- I think I missed that one?" :confused:

Originally posted by Bert Hamoen:

Walker !

Do you see that ? Next round a scenario set in Holland. Perhaps at the beach of Walcheren (Zeeland). In that case you can make your beachwalk this year after all! Of course, first you have to make it through to the next round. ;)

Nut if you take the Causeway over the Sloedam, you get to keep your feet dry...last one to Arnemuiden has to buy the drinks...

Wait for a turn where you get to issue orders. Save the game and then exit. Now go back and re-open the saved game. You now are given three options - Hotseat, e-mail or TCP/IP. Choose TCP/IP. Choose time limit (I suggest none). Hit OK and type in your password.

You will now be presented with a screen that says "Waiting for your opponent to connect. Your IP address is"...and then it lists your IP address. E-mail this IP address to your opponent.

Your opponent will start CMBO, choose 'Join multiplayer', then 'join network game', then type in the IP address you gave him in the boxes. He will now be connected to your computer and you can resume game from where you saved it.

Note that you must stay online when you give your opponent your IP address, otherwise he has nothing to connect to. It is best to work out a schedule of when both of you are online.

Also, you can chat while you are in the game. When you get to the map click on the ~ button, which is right above the tab button on the left hand side of the keyboard. Now type in a sentence and it will be displayed on the screen. Your opponent can then answer back using the same method. Good for exchanging insults.

When sending in results, please let me know in the email the results. So I only need to open the file to verify them. You can work it out who sends in or you both can to make sure.

Also for the next little while, please send in final results only, turn files for my viewing will just get confusing at the moment. Thanks