First Russia, now China?

11 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Looks like the “other” General Discussion site has been hacked?!?

PS: I don’t know oriental characters...maybe Korean, or Japanese, or....

Yep.  I was worried it was just my settings that were screwed up somehow.  Spent about 30 minutes trying to figure it out.  Glad to see its not just me.  Hope BF gets it fixed soon. 

Steve should just announce the next title is on CM Korea, that'll likely scare the crap out of them.  And Yeah it is Korean ---> 영종도운북동

Japanese shares a lot of Chinese characters which interestingly Korea does not.  Something I have never really understood is why Korea's written language has remained so unique despite having been occupied whereas Japan has copied so much from China without having been occupied.

Looks like someone is testing their pet bots.  :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, sburke said:

Steve should just announce the next title is on CM Korea, that'll likely scare the crap out of them.

:D

TBH - It's a game I'd like to see announced.....K2 vs Type 99A2.....Fight!  ;)

PS - The bots are closing in on 600 posts each about now, hope there's a 'Delete all posts by user' tab, because that's over 4000 posts that someone's going to have to delete one way or the other!  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

23 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looks like someone is testing their pet bots.  :rolleyes:

:D

TBH - It's a game I'd like to see announced.....K2 vs Type 99A2.....Fight!  ;)

PS - The bots are closing in on 600 posts each about now, hope there's a 'Delete all posts by user' tab, because that's over 4000 posts that someone's going to have to delete one way or the other!  :unsure:

or you could just ignore them.  It looks to be just 6 accounts that just repeat posting.

27 minutes ago, sburke said:

Steve should just announce the next title is on CM Korea, that'll likely scare the crap out of them.  And Yeah it is Korean ---> 영종도운북동

Japanese shares a lot of Chinese characters which interestingly Korea does not.  Something I have never really understood is why Korea's written language has remained so unique despite having been occupied whereas Japan has copied so much from China without having been occupied.

The Korean alphabet is actually a relatively recent development. Before the 15th Century Korean was written using Chinese characters. For a long time literacy was the sole preserve of the upper classes. The only way to move up in society was to take the civil service examinations which required years of study of Chinese characters. The Korean king Sejong the Great wanted people to become literate so he commissioned a group of scholars to develop an easily understood writing system. It took them a couple of years and the king presented Hangul to his people in 1446. It's actually a really well developed alphabet and incredibly easy to learn. It took me about a week to learn it at DLIFLC. Of course Korean grammar is a completely different animal...

Learning Korean alphabet sounds like a temping pastime! I watch so much Korean TV in my spare time that I can already pick out a few works and phrases. Noona, ajusshi, oppa, banmal and jondaemal, kimbap and kimchi, aegyo, ajumma, chaebol, deabak, sunbae and hoobae, hwa-ting (fighting!) and even pojangmacha. Wow, I really DO watch a lot of Korean TV! :blink:

On 9/16/2018 at 2:38 AM, MikeyD said:

Learning Korean alphabet sounds like a temping pastime! I watch so much Korean TV in my spare time that I can already pick out a few works and phrases. Noona, ajusshi, oppa, banmal and jondaemal, kimbap and kimchi, aegyo, ajumma, chaebol, deabak, sunbae and hoobae, hwa-ting (fighting!) and even pojangmacha. Wow, I really DO watch a lot of Korean TV! :blink:

How do I say "Let's Fighting Love"?

On 9/16/2018 at 2:38 AM, MikeyD said:

I never really got into Korean TV dramas myself. I find them to be a little ridiculous. On the other hand I really enjoy Korean cinema.

Korean TV is like American TV.  85%+ of it is... um... not good. The nice thing about online streaming archives, you can go search a decade or more and pluck out the good series. If you know what to look for. A 2009 series here, a 2014 series there. On the topic of 'now China', there are now big budget highly polished Chinese TV dramas available across Asia now. Looks like the American world hegemony of perpetual 'Friends' reruns is coming to n end.