CMBS Rolling thunder do is difficult.

Morning guys,

once, somebody in this forum said that when you play the same scenario for the third time you should be as good as Patton.

Well, this Patton completed the Rolling thunder scenario yesterday for the third time scoring a minor defeat. Which is, anyway, better than the two previous total defeats.

This apart, is one of the more entertaining scenario I've ever played. The fact is in the demo is a kind of bonus,  I say.

So, for everybody who hasn't still tried the this demo, download it now! You wont regret it.

Ps. I publish this here because I presume people checking the CMBS forum knows this already.

PPS. Guys like me, used with CMSF, beware! CMBS batttle environment is a lot deadlier.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:10 AM, Sandokan said:

Morning guys,

once, somebody in this forum said that when you play the same scenario for the third time you should be as good as Patton.

Well, this Patton completed the Rolling thunder scenario yesterday for the third time scoring a minor defeat. Which is, anyway, better than the two previous total defeats.

This apart, is one of the more entertaining scenario I've ever played. The fact is in the demo is a kind of bonus,  I say.

So, for everybody who hasn't still tried the this demo, download it now! You wont regret it.

Ps. I publish this here because I presume people checking the CMBS forum knows this already.

PPS. Guys like me, used with CMSF, beware! CMBS batttle environment is a lot deadlier.

Good to hear its working as intended! ;)

The key to being successful in this is doing effective combat recce and making good use of the undulating terrain If you can unmask/spot enemy AT assets you can then neutralise them more effectively. Despite the name its a scenario to play cautiously, slowly and carefully. 

Good luck with your next playthrough.

Cheery! 

On 9/15/2018 at 6:10 AM, Sandokan said:

I came from BS and into SF, treating the environment as a near-pear clash. Much less intense, I was taking it easy. Chillin' like a villian. Until a Lada with an IED drew into a Challenger II -- I never knew you could stuff so much nitroglycerin into such a small car... 

People, who haven't played, like to say that SF and BS are the same thing. I'd say they're almost opposite.

Edited by DerKommissar

34 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

SF and BS are the same thing. I'd say they're almost opposite.

That's accurate.  In CMSF one can (or should) be able to win with minimal if any casualties and the victory condition usually have huge penalties for Blue casualties.  In CMBS, you can have a bloodbath and still win as Blue.  Coming from CMSF, that can be very depressing.

3 minutes ago, Erwin said:

That's accurate.  In CMSF one can (or should) be able to win with minimal if any casualties and the victory condition usually have huge penalties for Blue casualties.  In CMBS, you can have a bloodbath and still win as Blue.  Coming from CMSF, that can be very depressing.

LOL. Coming from BS, I took 0 dead, and like 5 wounded -- and I pat myself on the back and smile. Then I realize that those 5 wounded severely depleted the combat effectiveness of a platoon, and have to use someone else to clear villages. A damaged Chally 2 is a big deal, when in BS it would be an expected toll.

1 hour ago, peter thomas said:

Is the one you're talking about the one called 'RDM - Rolling Thunder V1' in the scenario depot, or something else, somewhere else?

That one is a fairly major modification of @George MC's original IIRC.....You can find the V1 update of the original in my Dropbox, here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x6vz7t8st4lahk/Rolling%20Thunder_v1.btt?dl=0

1 hour ago, DerKommissar said:

People, who haven't played, like to say that SF and BS are the same thing. I'd say they're almost opposite.

Very much agree.....CM:A is different again (the Uncons are often better fighters than the regulars they face), all of the CM games have their individual merits.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Thanks George MC. I have it now - from the download Sgt Squarehead so kindly provided above. It looks great. But it wasn't in my original game, I think, unless it's called something else. Is it called Rolling Thunder V1 as a stock scenario, or something else? How strange. Now I'm wondering what else my stock game should have, but doesn't......and how that could happen...?

Edited by peter thomas

12 minutes ago, peter thomas said:

Thanks George MC. I have it now - from the download Sgt Squarehead so kindly provided above. It looks great. But it wasn't in my original game, I think, unless it's called something else. Is it called Rolling Thunder V1 as a stock scenario, or something else? How strange. Now I'm wondering what else my stock game should have, but doesn't......and how that could happen...?

I'm not sure TBH. My version of CMBS has a lot of scenarios stripped out at the moment. If my memory serves it was included in the main game and it would be Rolling Thunder v1 - that's the same file I have lingering in my CMBS game. My version is the version I was using for beta testing so it's not reflective of what actually shipped, so my memory could be playing tricks...

10 hours ago, Abbasid111 said:

Looking at the creation dates Rolling Thunder  no version number was part of the CMBS demo.

Rolling Thunder V1 was the version that shipped with the full version of CMBS 

The OP does refer to the demo so i believe that is the version he is playing

Cool - thanks for doing that @Abbasid111 Yes, I can confirm that the demo Rolling Thunder and the CMBS game scenario Rolling Thunder v1 are one and the same.