Anomalies/Bugs?

Erwin

Playing MOS' outstanding TOC scenario (again) - and noticed a couple new strange items.  Thought I'd post em here to see if other players can duplicate.  (Have saved game files of course.)

1)The Hellfire-armed drone (and its Elite JTAC operator) can see a BRDM the woods.  They are the ONLY units that have eyes on this BRDM.  But when it’s ordered to fire a Hellfire, get message:  “CANNOT LOCATE”.  Tried this order a few times with same illogical result. Is this a bug?

So, I used the JTAC to order a precision 120mm mortar strike on the BRDM.  IIRC In the past precision strikes were accurate.  But a crater open up a few meters away from the BRDM - but no kill.  2nd Precision strike landed closer and did kill the BRDM (but it didn't hit the BRDM).  Is this normal for "Precision Strikes"?

2) In the same scenario, I dismounted the driver from his Humvee and moved him a distance away without the driver acquiring anything.  However, the UI shows he is carrying 2210 rounds of 5.56m.

Edited by Erwin

13 hours ago, rocketman said:

IIRC all precision munitions were nerfed since the game was released. Some arty precision is rather seldom "bull's eye"-hits.

Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing since around the start of the year at least. Precisions strikes—especially of the 120mm variety—are no longer very precise. If this is an accurate reflection of their performance in RL, they hardly justify the money spent on acquiring them.

Michael

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Anyone comment on the Drone- Hellfire issue that it can spot the vehicle but cannot fire at it?? 

Something similar. Lately in several games in both the WW II and modern context I have had situations arise where I get a spotted icon of an enemy unit. I click on it to see which unit(s) have the spot. I then go to it and try to order a fire mission only to be informed that it cannot fire because it has no LOS to the unit. This strikes me as very peculiar.

Michael