Beat me!

Kaunitz

My first and last multiplayer defeat is already two years old (https://youtu.be/EyulMh2b5Dk)! I've overcome my "Mad Mike" trauma and would like to try once more! So if you're interested please let me know. (I know about The Few Good Men, but I need to re-register because they periodically delete inactive members...).

Terms and conditions :) 

• I'm in Austria, Europe and should be able to play 1-2 turns per day, especially in the early (boring) phases of the battle. But if you prefer larger intervalls, I'm also fine. No hurry!
  • I might create a video-AAR of the battle. Including captions in horrible english.
  • I have Black Sea as well as all the WWII titles and modules except for Battle for Normandy. I'll play any of them.
  • WEGO/turn based only, no real time.
  • I'd like to keep it at small-medium size. Absolute maximum for me is an infantry company + some support vehicles. I'm not a fan of tank only battles. If we play BlackSea, I'd really prefer a very small battle.
  • Quickbattle, no scenario. 
  • I'm a fan of fixed attacker-defender roles as I think this is just more realistic. I'll play either role. I also think that the attacker could get some initial information on the defender's dispositions (--> assault battle type) to reduce the boring time spent on scouting and shadow-boxing in the early stages. 
  • The map should be comparatively large and not cause too much paranoia (no woods only, no fully urban map, e.g.) as this tends to greatly increase my planning-efforts and slows down the action. We should review the map together and check whether the objectives are fair and set the time limit accordingly.
  • Once we have agreed on a map and type, I might need a few days to select my force and create a super duper genius master plan.
  • No bombardements on the attacker's deployment zone.
  • I think it would be interesting if we agreed to use only "typical" troops (not boost everything up to veteran/fanatic). But I'm fine either way.
Edited by Kaunitz

"HELLO MR, K...SHALL WE PLAY A GAME ?

How about a CMBN, Tiny QB, Meeting (roughly a  Company in size), Green-Motivation High-Leadership 0, Fit, Poor equipment, Infantry Only (but I will use 'Mix' in the previous QB Screen), then using the 'Suggestion' Only box to purchase Units (continue to cycle through the 'Suggestion' Only until you find a Formation you like), and no additional purchase of individual Teams or Vehicles as any additional points will be lost (there's usually only a few left over points, anyways). 

using the 'Suggestion' Only will at least help alleviate and quicken the decision making of painstakingly purchasing Units. I like to use some 'House Rules' to help make CM, at least to a degree, feel a little more realistic. I also like to use Dropbox to exchange Game Files, and a Text Document so we can Communicate on a regular basis (instead of PM).

If interested, let me know, and I will setup the CMBN Game with you as Axis (I don't do Modern, and already have 3x other opponents playing FI, RT & FB). I think you setting-up a Video AAR and doing all the narration would be nice.

Oh...and stay with 'The Few Better Men, here at Battlefront :-)

Yours Untruly, Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Hey JoMc67! 

Sounds interesting except for two points:

1) CMBN: It's the only game in the series I don't own. 

2) Meeting Engagement? I'd prefer fixed roles. 

Also, is there any particular reason you want to set the motivation, leadership and equipment of the troops to specific settings? Can't we just leave it to "typical"?

17 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Few indeed.  More like an army of one for H2H!  :ph34r:

Trash talk aside and despite his aversion to FGM, @JoMc67 is a known and proven sterling opponent.  Good luck and good gaming.

Yes, Badger, we all know your Superior Intellect when it comes to H2H here at Battlefront :-)

Edited by JoMc67

6 hours ago, Kaunitz said:

Hey JoMc67! 

Sounds interesting except for two points:

1) CMBN: It's the only game in the series I don't own. 

2) Meeting Engagement? I'd prefer fixed roles. 

Also, is there any particular reason you want to set the motivation, leadership and equipment of the troops to specific settings? Can't we just leave it to "typical"?

1) You Hose :-(...Ok, let me think about the other games).

2) Yeah, I got so use to playing Fluent Meetings for past few years (except a few games against AI) that I'm afraid to attempt an Attack/Defense Game vs. Human (even if it's someone of your own uncaliber) :-)

3) I just prefer playing with Green Troops with certain Soft-Factors (depending if it's a Meeting, Attack/Defense).

Yeah, I know, I'm just particular how I like things to be done...

Edited by JoMc67

1 hour ago, JoMc67 said:

I just prefer playing with Green Troops with certain Soft-Factors

Can you actually set that *and* use the suggest button? In other words dose the forces chosen via the suggest button respect the selections you make in the soft factors controls? I can test it out myself and I will but since I'm not at my game computer now I can ask here first :D

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Can you actually set that *and* use the suggest button? In other words dose the forces chosen via the suggest button respect the selections you make in the soft factors controls? I can test it out myself and I will but since I'm not at my game computer now I can ask here first :D

Works every time

• 4 months later...

It's maybe about time that I try a H2H battle. I only have FB and prefer a bit larger to huge battle maps.

If you aren't too busy with a battle right now you can decide which scenario to play, make your first moves and let me know which scenario you have chosen. I have no internet connection at the moment so you'd have to send me the save through email. If you want to make changes to a scenario and save it with another name you can send me that edited scenario in the email together with the save.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play every evening, but if you're already fighting against someone else that should probably not be a bad thing.

• 4 months later...

I'm up for a game again! As CM:FI, CN and RT are bugged for PBEM-QBs right now, CM:FB is the way to go! 

Here are my preferences: 

• Game: Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg, Engine 4, version 2.01
  • turn based, iron
  • Turn rate: I live in Europe and can should be able to play several turns each evening; I'd like to keep the pace steady (roughly one turn per evening would be nice); I'm a patient opponent, so no need to feel any pressure. I don't get bored if you take your time for scouting, etc. 
  • orces: small 
  • Map: chose one of the selection of 4 QB maps in the PDF linked below; for the one with the river crossings we could make some special adjustments (give the attacker extra points for engineers)
  • Engagement type: Attack (probe or assault is also fine for me; note that the maps linked below are the "attack" versions)
  • Roles: I prefer to defend
  • Factions: I have no preferences here
  • Time: ample - imho the suggested time limits for most maps (see pdf) are set waaaaaaay too short, 1h15min is pretty much the minimum I'd give to any attacker
  • Force selection limitations: we can agree on these before the game; I'm fine with limits on tracked vehicles or armored vehicles in general; No armor is fine for me too; I'm not a big fan of exclusive armor battles; I'm a fan of setting all soft factors to regular XP / normal motivation or "typical" (except for bunkers which can be set to lower settings to make them cheaper...);  I prefer strict rarity; fortifications and TRPs are allowed (but it's okay to ban concrete bunkers)
  • Ingame rules: The attackers deployment zone must not be targeted by artillery

If you are interested please drop me a line - either here, via PM or over at the Few Good Men (I'm "Butterblümchen", same avatar).

Link to the pdf containing my map-suggestions: https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ya6o8p3pxuhkp/FB_maps.pdf?dl=0  (green arrows indicate the deployment zone of the attacker).

Edited by Kaunitz