Crop circles? Possible editor bug. Spoilers for "Colossal Crack"

rocketman

I played Colossal Crack lately and when I started the scenario (as Allies) and looked around the map I saw these "crop circles" that appeared only from camera level 4 and higher. If I zoomed down they disappeared. They sure had the distinct look of trench systems. Upon finishing the scenario, see bottom screenshot, my suspicion was confirmed.

yvyRw2s.jpg

One of the drawbacks of how the editor works is placing of trenches and foxholes only in 3d view and then in 2d view you don't know where they are. When I make scenarios I paint the ground with some kind of ground tile that makes it stand out, then place fortifications and then go back into the editor and remove the ground tile. It sure looks like this was the case above as well, but once the crop tiles where placed the ground beneath retained some characteristic that becomes apparent. How can that be?

Can someone who have played the scenario load it up again and check if you see the same thing. It is in the south center of the map, not far from the "Bourgebous Ridge" objective.

I use Aris terrain and will try to remove it. But if it was a problem with the tile texture file then all the crop tiles in the screenshot would have changed, right? Also if the editor states one type of tile, then there shouldn't be any way for it to mix different kinds once generating the 3d map, right?

Mods don't apply after some testing. If I load a save I see this, but if I start the battle again I don't. I started the scenario and played the first few turns about a year ago, but only got around to finishing it now. IIRC I saw this back then too at setup. I will try to replicate it. Maybe a save contains some valuable info?

• 2 weeks later...