Fog artifacts

Is it just me or do other people get this effect with fog conditions? Seems common to all CM titles I have and the effect is stronger as I increase the fog from light to dense. Doesn't appear with mist or haze though as far as I can tell. I get seemingly random dark tiles that lack fog. These appear and disappear depending on viewing range. I did a quick test map and found its not related to elevation or lighting. The only thing that seems to cause it is the number of different tiles bordering each other. If more than 3 different tile textures border each it other it occurs. In the screen below you can see it doesn't occur at the tile junction closest to the camera as the two grass textures (which are actually different tiles - clover and tall grass) use the same ground texture but different doodads. Anyway, would be nice to see a fix at some point.

CM Final Blitzkrieg 2018-09-07 19-51-54-26.jpg