Joy, oh Joy, Oh Frabjous day! I've modded a building!

JulianJ

Well, after some trials and tribulations I have successfully modded another Independent building.

It's a whitewashed and weathered barn, suitable for most periods of CM. 

The Town of

Маленький Mayhem

Malenʹkyy Mayhem

is on its way, rather slowly, but I think it will now move foward. 

BTW should I zip it to send it to the two game repositories?  As it is an extra building, not a replacement for existing ones it can be used immediately.

White-Barn.jpg

White-Barn2.jpg

Thanks everyone. I've also modded some flavour objects.  [Some stupid fwit in RL was supposed to answer my emails and send me work yesterday.  They didn't, so I was sat at my desk, doing nothing.  Modding was theraputic and stopped me fuming or sending abusive emails.].

Welcome to Little Mayhem

CM-Black-Sea-LittleMayhem-sign.jpg

One other thing, I have chosen to work in "standard definition". I now see why Kieme and others chose HD - the quality is better but it does not match the rest of the buildings and I think that it the potential performance downside is not worth it.  I think many players don't care very much about the buildings.  Which is understandable, I am a bit of a tankie myself and wouldn't want to reduce game effectiveness for the sake of a few nice buildings, which are going to get blown up anyway.

Hi Erwin and Badger.  The building is actually weathered - and has some minor stains and things.  Perhaps you can't see it in the still I posted.

As it is a modded indie building I thought it would just get the damage textures from the game.  However it is good to check as I haven't done that. Ta!  I'm going to get on the comms net to Bootie now.

Maybe put a few bullet holes and weathering on the sign?  One rarely sees road signs (around here) that have not been abused.  An idea I haven't seen done:  Have a section of the sign broken away.  Am not up on modding tricks.  Can one use an "alpha?" channel to make it transparent to get the effect?