Crash to desktop and strange sounds loading

diegov94

Hello,

Yesterday I was playing CM BS v4.0 in my laptop, specifically Task Force Spartan mission 1 while after some turns, around 15 the game crashed to desktop without any warning message. Before that I noticed that the game was having problems launching some sounds when the camera was close to action, like a tank firing or a rpg making impact. The game was running, then stops, then the sound it had difficulties to load sounds and it continues running.Till the final crash. My game is heavily modded graphically and with HQS MOD for sounds.

Could this be related to the crash? I never had this issue before in my previous computer. 

Laptop is I7-7700, GTX 1070 and 16GB RAM 

Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, diegov94 said:

Could this be related to the crash? I never had this issue before in my previous computer. 

It is possible. There have been a few sound card / driver related issues over the years. I would suggest removing the sound mods for testing and check that you have the most up to date drivers for your sound card.

I did a quick search and found only one thread that might help:

I thought there was more but I was not able to find them.