Reinstalling all

para

Yes, it has but thankfully the answer is super simple. Download the full installer for each game.

Long version: In your order for the v3 upgrade, the v4 upgrade or the game (if you ordered after the v4 engine upgrade came out) you will find a link to a full installer for the Mac and Windows package. Download the installer for the platform you want for each game and run the one installer.

I think the CMBS game might have a 2.1 patch to install afterwards but it might be rolled into the full installer now too - I am not 100% sure.

The activation for a new computer takes a few steps but it is just entering the key for the base game, the v3 upgrade, the v4 upgrade and the modules - whichever combination you have.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, IanL said:

Download the full installer for each game.

Can someone tell me EXACTLY where to find this full installer? I've searched the entire web page and only find patches that say you have to already have 3.0 installed. I got the "UI not found" error from my old 1.0 version, bought the 3.0 Upgrade and am now stuck. 

hedgehobbit - I can't quite remember if the 3.0 Upgrade has a full installer or not. I suspect that it doesn't and this is only something that came about once the 4.0 Upgrade was released. Which specific game do you have and what exactly have you purchased ? Since you mention 'version 1.0' I suspect that you have CMBN. The 1.0 version will NOT work under Windows 10 due to the copy-protection system for that version not being compatible (it will give you the 'UI not found' error).

OK - I see you have another post saying that you have an issue with your download. Does it mention 'International Download' like the thread originator or is it some other error (simply the lack of a download link, etc.) ? Looking at the web page for the CMBN 3.0 Upgrade it DOES mention a 'full installer' download being available. Looking at my download link for the 3.0 Upgrade for CMBN it shows two files, one for the Mac and the other for Windows, with the Windows version being a 4GB file ('CMBN Windows 3.12 Full Installer.zip' is the download file and the name to select is 'Windows CMBN 3.12 Full Installer'). So until you have access to that download, you won't find the file on the site.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

• 5 months later...

Actually considering buying all of them again here.

Most of what I've bought were physical hardcopies, but now I can't find most of them after several moves.

The games I do have are CMBN and CMFI. And I've got updates to v3 on both, I think.
The rest are nowhere to be found on the "my orders" page, so I'll be looking at buying them all again.
I'll have to buy upgrades for CMBN and CMFI anyway.

So the question is... do I have to buy the upgrades as well or are they included if I buy a new copy of the game?

Edited by Oddball_E8

15 minutes ago, Oddball_E8 said:

Actually considering buying all of them again here.

Most of what I've bought were physical hardcopies, but now I can't find most of them after several moves.

The games I do have are CMBN and CMFI. And I've got updates to v3 on both, I think.
The rest are nowhere to be found on the "my orders" page, so I'll be looking at buying them all again.
I'll have to buy upgrades for CMBN and CMFI anyway.

So the question is... do I have to buy the upgrades as well or are they included if I buy a new copy of the game?

Mate don't rush into buying all over again. Raise a ticket with the helpdesk and they should be able to track down all of your previous orders. If you read the CMSF2 threads where people had bought the Paradox version of CMSF1 and/or bought their modules years ago, I think you'll find that the helpdesk sorted them out in every instance.

What he said...

6 hours ago, Oddball_E8 said:

But in answer to this question - no - new purchases of the game get you the latest version. The upgrade prices and packages are just for people who purchased games in the past and who want to get the new features. New purchasers always get the latest.

Just got an e-mail from support.

They gave me the license keys to all the CMX1 games and the copy of CMRT that I must have squirreled away somewhere (in the process of moving).

Ironically the games that I DO have easy-to-access hard copies of, are all in my order page for easy download :P

So, the CMX1 games I can now download and install.
The CMBN and CMFI games I can either manually install or download and install.
CMRT I'll have to go look for.

I didn't get the CMSF 1 key, but that's ok, because I didn't like that much anyway.

13 minutes ago, Oddball_E8 said:

So, the CMX1 games I can now download and install.
The CMBN and CMFI games I can either manually install or download and install.
CMRT I'll have to go look for.

Download them. They'll all be patched up to current standards and all you'll have to do is activate with the keys, unless you didn't buy some of the upgrades.

You are the second guy to come out of the woodwork this week. Now womble and Blimey need to show up.

Mord.

1 minute ago, Mord said:

Download them. They'll all be patched up to current standards and all you'll have to do is activate with the keys, unless you didn't buy some of the upgrades.

You are the second guy to come out of the woodwork this week. Now womble and Blimey need to show up.

Mord.

Yeah, the only updates I had was v3 for CMBN. Don't think I got any updates for CMFI or CMRT.

I just bought the big update pack, though, so that's got me covered.

Also, don't expect any mods from me. I'm out of that business :P

Just now, sburke said:

Blasphemer!

I thought it worked the other way around... people who only like modern but not WWII were the blasphemers ;)

1 minute ago, Oddball_E8 said:

Well, damn... looks like my buddy lost his copy of CMRT... And mine is somewhere at the bottom of a moving box in the basement.

I'm considering whether I should buy it now or just wait until I've moved and checked through all the boxes...

You should just be able to download. I don’t keep physical copy anymore.  Go to your account and you should be able to retrieve. 

1 minute ago, sburke said:

You should just be able to download. I don’t keep physical copy anymore.  Go to your account and you should be able to retrieve. 

That's the thing... I didn't buy CMRT for myself the first time. A friendly forumite did.

After that, when I ran into some cash, I paid that forward by buying it for my friend. 

However, there is no such purchase on my record at the battlefront.com store, so I think he might have just gotten the money from me to buy it.

Nevermind, all has been fixed through support :)

Now I just have to figure out why I can't download the v4 patches that I bought... just says "shipent status: pending" on them with no download link 😕

(Why, oh why, does it have to be so complicated?)

EDIT: Nevermind, it was in the junkmail :P

Edited by Oddball_E8