ARMA 2 and 3 demos

Erwin

Downloaded  Arma 2 and Arma 3 demos.  Arma 2 doesn't run - some sort of conflict or missing file.  Googled around but can't figure out how to find/install it.  Any help appreciated.

The Arma 3 demo I got seems to be nothing more than a movie - not playable.  Is there a playable Arma 3 demo??

There seems to be some discussion whether Arma 3 or Arma 2 is better.  Arma 3 seems to have better graphics, but from what I read there is much less content than Arma 2.  Your comments or advice plz.

Anyone here play using the WW2 mods available?

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Wouldn’t an arma forum be the right place to ask this?

True is not the right place to talk about this but little info is always good welcome...so I don't have Arma 3 in demo but in real CD  I buy it not for the modern battle principally but to use the lot of Mods that you can download, and principally mod of ww2 and I have really appreciated, in fps where you can also commanding a little squad created yours maps and using the battles editors...

Little mistake is Arma 2 and not Arma 3 sorry for this...

Edited by 3j2m7

Just now, sburke said:

It wasn’t t so much a wrong place to post. There are a number of arma players here, just that if you are hoping for more informed response the dedicated arma forum would just seem to be a more directed and larger community for the specific issues. 

True sburke,  that right, is this case a message in pm is better welcome...

A friend lent me a copy of the 2nd, I was sold. I didn't even know demos existed, up until now. I think I have a few expired free beta codes lying around, but that's about it. A dedicated Arma community can probably help you out, better than I can (try the steam community forums). I play with the IFA3 and Faces of War WW2 mods.

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

Downloaded  Arma 2 and Arma 3 demos.  Arma 2 doesn't run - some sort of conflict or missing file.  Googled around but can't figure out how to find/install it.  Any help appreciated.

The Arma 3 demo I got seems to be nothing more than a movie - not playable.  Is there a playable Arma 3 demo??

There seems to be some discussion whether Arma 3 or Arma 2 is better.  Arma 3 seems to have better graphics, but from what I read there is much less content than Arma 2.  Your comments or advice plz.

Anyone here play using the WW2 mods available?

Erwin, there is a group playing Arma3 over at The Few Good Men (FGM) gaming club.  They have a team.  Below is a link where they talk about the WWII mods and the battles they get involved in.  They also have a video or two.  I'm sure they would be able to answer any questions you have. 

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/ww2-arma-3.28070/

Erwin no need to feel bad about  posting a  question in the general discussion boards. Our group play a tremendous amount of Arma 3. It is highly capable in many different spectrums. (single player, multiplayer, coop, , not the least of which as a role playing vehicle.) It has great modding and scenario generation tools and you are pretty much only limited by your imagination for what you can accomplish with it.s heavily supported by the community an done of the best gaming investments one can make over a period of time if you are into that sort of thing. If yo have a great bunch of guys to play with, it is excellent.  You even have GM tools so you can plop situations down in front of your guys that they have to deal with, and even jump in and control non-player characters for dialog. For example it makes  for a great infantry platoon leader simulator. Its amazing.

Arma 2 is to Arma 3 as Combat Mission  is to Combat Mission 2. Just get Arrma 3 unless you are for some reason still using an old machine.(3-4 years). 

Los

Edited by Los

Here is an example of something we created with Arma 3. 

Every year  for the past 25 years friends come over for a week just to game (called a Loscon!). Using some of the zombie mods and tools people have created for the game, I created a zombie survival mission. It started at night at our "house" (on the island of Altis), and the only weapons we had were whatever guns are at my house. We had up to 8 players participating. We had to get our act together, get down to the county emergency assemble area, then found out that had been over run. Because some of our guys are real life helo pilots, one of them in game knew of a Helo at a distant airfield. But it needed some quick repairs. We had to head down to a work shop near where the National Guard had another assembly area. It was over run too but we were able to get military weapons.  After escaping that desperate situation we headed north to the airfield. Found the helo, repaired it and flew it east to the main airport on the island (It was short of fuel). We then  had to refuel it as more hordes attacked barely making it off the ground and off island. That misision took about 6 hours in real time and we played it from 10pm until 0400.

• Every night for three days straight I ran that mission for different people.The mission included features such as :
  • Roving general ambient zombies.
  • Areas where there were zombie spawn points that if you got near them larger groups would appear.
  • The ability to customize you appearance and clothes and equipment.
  • Spawn points that appeared as we progressed across the island so if you dies you could at least be within a mile of the group and we could try and rv with you.
  • The need to drink and eat or lose health and capability.
  • The inability to scavenge houses for food, ammo weapons and equipment.
  •  

etc..

That's just one of the many ways we played Arma3. And the zombie mission we ran for three years straight, every year on a new island but picking up with the same characters. This gives you an idea: