Must have campaigns and scenarios?

SubCmdr

Well, there aren't a lot, so they are all pretty much must have.

@IanL has an awesome website that lists all the content for the CM games.

http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/BlackSea/Campaigns/index.html

HOWEVER, I did notice that two of dragonwynn's excellent campaigns, The Eagle and the Bear and The Mountains of Allah are not there.

Apparently they are not at the Scenario Depot either?

@Bootie

3 minutes ago, grunt_GI said:

Well, there aren't a lot, so they are all pretty much must have.

@IanL has an awesome website that lists all the content for the CM games.

http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/BlackSea/Campaigns/index.html

Thanks for the plug - my list does not include anything about quality though. If you follow any link to the blitz, which is available on some scenarios, you can see player comments.

3 minutes ago, grunt_GI said:

HOWEVER, I did notice that two of dragonwynn's excellent campaigns, The Eagle and the Bear and The Mountains of Allah are not there.

Apparently they are not at the Scenario Depot either?

@Bootie

Not really a @Bootie issue some people seem reluctant to upload them to the depot, sight, ask @dragonwynn to upload them.

Poke :)

OHHHH, and don't forget this one....it's a scenario...but a FOUR HOUR scenario that many folks have said plays like a campaign...

On August 31st, 2017 at 1300hrs the player takes charge of a Tactical Operations Center (TOC) located in a Forward Operating Base (FOB) for a four-hour shift.  The FOB is located in Ukraine in the vicinity of the forward edge of the conventional battlefield.  After months of conventional warfare the Russian Federation and NATO have fought to a temporary standstill.  A cease fire is in effect and negotiations are underway.  The conventional fighting has been replaced by guerrilla warfare as the Ukrainian government and Separatists attempt to improve their negotiating positions.  Apache Troop (Stryker) / 1st Squadron / 2nd Cavalry Regiment is conducting low intensity operations from the Forward Operating Base.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea/cm-black-sea-add-ons/tactical-operations-center/

Edited by grunt_GI

It is a pity that positive feedback hasn't been left at the Scenario Depot on these recommendations. If more people did so, then potential downloaders wouldn't have to ask around various forums. Also, while most people who create scenarios and campaigns aren't doing it for the positive feedback, it never goes amiss because the end product is always the result of a lot of hard work. I certainly appreciate and welcome feedback on my releases and when its positive it does give you a boost to crack on with the next project.

As it stands - 52 people have downloaded @MOS:96B2P's much praised and recommended TOC scenario but no one has commented on it.

Edited by Combatintman

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

As it stands - 52 people have downloaded @MOS:96B2P's much praised and recommended TOC scenario but no one has commented on it.

They might still be playing it through.....That one can take as much time and attention as a full campaign if you want to do it justice.  ;)

Very highly recommended.  B)

4 hours ago, Combatintman said:

52 people have downloaded @MOS:96B2P's much praised and recommended TOC scenario

Very happy to hear that.   I woulda made a comment but I already had it :) so didn't need to go to CMMODS or wherever it's available.  If someone would post a link to where to d/l the scenario here, perhaps more would d/l and comment.

6 hours ago, Combatintman said:

It is a pity that positive feedback hasn't been left at the Scenario Depot on these recommendations. If more people did so, then potential downloaders wouldn't have to ask around various forums. Also, while most people who create scenarios and campaigns aren't doing it for the positive feedback, it never goes amiss because the end product is always the result of a lot of hard work. I certainly appreciate and welcome feedback on my releases and when its positive it does give you a boost to crack on with the next project.

err I got it direct so never thought to go there.... will correct that negligence immediately.  Thanks for the heads up.

odd, it isn't showing...

Edited by sburke

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

If someone would post a link to where to d/l the scenario here, perhaps more would d/l and comment.

15 hours ago, sburke said:

err I got it direct so never thought to go there.... will correct that negligence immediately.  Thanks for the heads up.   odd, it isn't showing...

Thanks for testing it.  The link is below.  

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-black-sea/cm-black-sea-add-ons/tactical-operations-center/

I'm currently playing through The Eagle and the Bear Narrative campaign.  Has been a blast so far.  Really liking having to weigh the risks of commiting units to battle whos loss can have large negative consequences to the outcome of the battles.

Also started the Charge of the Stryker Brigade from BP1.  I got murdered after I pushed into the town on the first mission, while trying to cross the bridge into the first main objective.  Missed taking out 1 BTR and an AGS Tigr, paid the price.  Looking forward to trying again.

21 minutes ago, sburke said:

I left a comment but it isn’t showing.  It was a nice one I swear!

Okay :D  :lol:

I thought you meant you couldn't see (find) the scenario, Tactical Operations Center, at the Scenario Depot.  When I first uploaded the scenario the "download button" for players was not visible.  @Bootie fixed that.  I sent him a PM at the FGM about the comments section.  Maybe just a glitch of some kind................  

Thanks again.