Ok. Figured I'd give you guys a little peek at what I've been working on. Got all the Uncons down and in their final form. As you can see, if you look on the first page, only one of them survived! I am in love with the new Combatants! I think they kill it! There'll be two choices for them, red and green. I like the new spy a lot as well. 

Just finished a keeper for the Marines infantry. This guy is much better than the first one I was testing (which only Sburke has seen). I have made a few portraits with him to give you an idea of the direction I'll be taking them. These are all preliminary as I am still working out what kind of formations I'll be doing and how to present them. The Marines will have a special background using their globe and anchor flag.

Anyway, here you go.

y61zWUl.jpg

Mord.

P.S. CAN SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO THE MOD SECTION?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Mord said:

Ok. Figured I'd give you guys a little peek at what I've been working on. Got all the Uncons down and in their final form. As you can see, if you look on the first page, only one of them survived! I am in love with the new Combatants! I think they kill it! There'll be two choices for them, red and green. I like the new spy a lot as well. 

Just finished a keeper for the Marines infantry. This guy is much better than the first one I was testing (which only Sburke has seen). I have made a few portraits with him to give you an idea of the direction I'll be taking them. These are all preliminary as I am still working out what kind of formations I'll be doing and how to present them. The Marines will have a special background using their globe and anchor flag.

Anyway, here you go.

Woot, ya got my seal of approval!

Thanks, guys! I am really putting the new style and techniques to use with these dudes.

If you want a laugh and to REALLY see just how far I've come, took a look at this comparison abomination. These are my second oldest portraits, made in 2010. They were an update to my original SF portraits.

gzzHzf9.jpg

And for anyone that doesn't have them or is new to SF2, I uploaded two of my older Shock Force mods to CMMODS. They'll work just fine with SF2.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=7586

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=7582

Mord.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

Thanks for the radio chatter mod, but it seems to be active for "terrorist" REDFOR as well.

You're welcome.

Yeah, unfortunate side effect. They will play from every vehicle because all vehicle sounds are shared. The mental work around is that the Uncons are monitoring US/Allied channels some how. It would at least be cool if we could get separate WAVs for Red and Blue Vehicles, though sounds for each type would be even cooler!

Mord.

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to knock out all the Brits today! I got on a roll and couldn't stop. I'll be glad when I finally have all the base portraits down so I can start putting the formations together. That's gonna be a bit of work. I also included some pics of the Marines tanker. You guys haven't seen him yet.

You would not believe just how many separate pictures make up the Brits and the USMC tanker. Unreal. I think the Marine tanker alone was 7 different pics.

BXeWahk.jpg

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Looking very good.  It's important that the images for mech, armor, inf etc are easily/identifiably different from each other - or it doesn't matter which image one selects.

Can you do one uncon in white so he looks like Lawrence of Arabia?

(No not serious... Well not totally...)

13 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Looking very good.  It's important that the images for mech, armor, inf etc are easily/identifiably different from each other - or it doesn't matter which image one selects.

Can you do one uncon in white so he looks like Lawrence of Arabia?

(No not serious... Well not totally...)

Surely he should go into the Brit picture set?

27 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's important that the images for mech, armor, inf etc are easily/identifiably different from each other - or it doesn't matter which image one selects.

Thanks.

I don't understand what you are saying. The two statements contradict each other.

But outside of the Armor portrait there really isn't any way to tell Armoured Infantry from Mech and regular. They all wear the same thing. I'm probably gonna make the guy with the goggles Mech, though.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

17 hours ago, Mord said:

They all wear the same thing. I'm probably gonna make the guy with the goggles Mech, though.

I see the challenge.  But, yes if there is no camo or uniform difference then maybe holding nothing or holding binoculars, or wearing nothing or wearing goggles would give 4 identifying options(?)

Yeah, there's nothing that can be done about that would translate into the space I have for the pics. It's really a non issue because I highly doubt you'll ever have a scenario with more than an armor portrait and mech/infantry etc. But looking right now you have one guy with goggles on his helmet, one guy with sunglasses and one guy without glasses, so that would be enough to differentiate between them.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

I like it!

I'll tell ya, this mod has been a PIA. I've been working off and on on this MFer since August and I still haven't finished it. However, I had two really good days this week that managed to knock out 8 portraits. That's 7 more portraits than I did in the last two weeks.

Mord.

Funny idea but it probably wouldn't work very well, least not in the way you could tell who the person was. The Brit tanker above has three faces involved in his making. Some faces are actually parts of real humans and some are taken from action figures. It's really strange how different they can all end up looking. The Brit with the goggles on his helmet, I thought for sure was gonna suck. The face I used was a lark, it was overly red, blotchy and just didn't look good, but when I fitted it over the base face, eased back on the transparency, and threw some hue adjustment in, you can't even tell he wasn't always like that. Then you can have a perfect face but once it's shrank down to the portrait size it'll look like complete crap. It's definitely trial and error working within that 51x57 pixel box.

Mord.

10 hours ago, Mord said:

Funny idea but it probably wouldn't work very well, least not in the way you could tell who the person was. The Brit tanker above has three faces involved in his making. Some faces are actually parts of real humans and some are taken from action figures. It's really strange how different they can all end up looking. The Brit with the goggles on his helmet, I thought for sure was gonna suck. The face I used was a lark, it was overly red, blotchy and just didn't look good, but when I fitted it over the base face, eased back on the transparency, and threw some hue adjustment in, you can't even tell he wasn't always like that. Then you can have a perfect face but once it's shrank down to the portrait size it'll look like complete crap. It's definitely trial and error working within that 51x57 pixel box.

Mord.

Fauna, flore, Seasons ...and...Mord created the pixel soldier !!

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

How about custom portraits of CM players?   I recall in CM1 someone created mods from a pic you sent him and you could have your own face on your pizeltruppen.  

PM/email me a straight-on face pic (preferably in natural light) and I think I can provide one for you.

• 3 weeks later...