How much would the rights cost To CMA

Mord

If somehow the rights to CMA could be crowd funded and bought would BFC consider updating it?

Yeah, it's a long shot. But what would Snowball care. They abandoned the title in less then 6 months after it was released.

Mord.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Me 2.  CMA is my favorite on par with CMSF.  However, since CMA was made by a Russian(?) outfit and they programmed things a little differently (some skins are different than the way they are in other CM2 titles etc.) it may be much more complex to bring it up to current v4 standards.  Not sure CMA sold that well when it came out either.  

But, then again I recall how only a few of us were vocal about asking for CMSF2 after CMBN was released 7 years ago and were told "no way", but guess what...  :)

In the same way some of us are also asking about CM2 Afrika Korps.   One objection is that "the desert is boring"(!).  Can't understand why since CMSF2 provides all the desert terrain one needs and people seem to discovered that they love that.  

• 2 weeks later...

CMA2 sure buy, over here. 

In the same way some of us are also asking about CM2 Afrika Korps.   One objection is that "the desert is boring"(!).  Can't understand why since CMSF2 provides all the desert terrain one needs and people seem to discovered that they love that.  

The games have more than enough tools at their disposal to be interesting. The issue is just lack of imagination and poor research. If you set some Grants and Panzers to fight over a 2kmx2km map of flat desert sure that's not very exciting. If people think that's how all or even most of the fighting in North Africa happened wellllll...

Edited by SimpleSimon

1 hour ago, SimpleSimon said:

The issue is just lack of imagination and poor research.

Yes.  There were some wonderful scenarios made for CM1 with very interesting terrain and situations.  Maybe most people haven't seen a desert and think it's either all sand dunes, or featureless flat. 

The highly desired CMSF2 is desert terrain.  That's the irony.   Just imagine it with WW2 equipment.  And much of it could be ported or modded from CMFI

Ooops... Yes, I already forgot his name lol!  Sorreee...

PS MOS:  Been traveling and busy a lot so had to take a hiatus from TOC.  Looking forward to getting back to asap.  But, may not be able to play (any game) till next year(!)  :(

Edited by Erwin

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

PS MOS:  Been traveling and busy a lot so had to take a hiatus from TOC.  Looking forward to getting back to asap.  But, may not be able to play (any game) till next year(!)  :(

Wh wha what?  Next year!  That's just crazy talk ..................:)

Safe travels my friend.