Confusion over ability to download both pc/mac versions

Hi guys, can't believe I just discovered this series. I'd like to buy CMRT - I'm overseas for a while with my mac laptop and have a pc at home.

When you check out to purchase the game, it directs you to select a version. But on the front page it says: all games include free, unlimited downloading for both Windows and MacOS

Which is it?

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2018 at 11:11 PM, LongLeftFlank said:

So I finally got enough time to dig up my BFC account with my CMBN info and download keys. I can see both Pc and Mac options for CW, but the base game file only offers me a PC file.

The only CM capable machine I have now is a Mac. 

Do I need to rebuy the base game or do I open a help ticket? 

@Elvis advised me via helpdesk to just buy the 3.0 upgrade, which I've now done (DL only).

But the order shows Pending and there's no download link, only the activation code.  I will need the "Full" DL. Does the link appear in due course, and how long does it take?

EDIT: never mind, link was in the email confirmation though not in my online account. All good now. Downloading. 

Edited by LongLeftFlank

1 hour ago, LongLeftFlank said:

@Elvis

EDIT: never mind, link was in the email confirmation though not in my online account. All good now. Downloading. 

But that is not the way it should be. Your order should have a download link in there somewhere. I would suggerst reporting that to the help desk 

55 minutes ago, IanL said:

But that is not the way it should be. Your order should have a download link in there somewhere. I would suggerst reporting that to the help desk 

I have now downloaded and installed the game using the full install Mac file at the link, all dandy.

But now the popup is rejecting the 32 digit "activation code" that came with my order. I have now tried both the 3.0 code and the original 1.0 code multiple times, incredibly aggravating. Copy paste and manual entry, nothing works. 

Plus the popup screen uses a different term "license key", while in the helpdesk FAQ "activation code" is given a different meaning altogether (a 20 digit code used in offline manual activation). WTF?

No wonder people loathe this system. BFC needs to make these instructions crystal clear. I have now wasted my rare gaming evening struggling with this nonsense.

Activation code and license key are the same thing. Yes, unclear instructions suck. A lot of the time during reviewing stuff like this it is easy to miss. 

This kind of experience is *the* problem with licensing systems - legitimate customers are inconvenienced. I hate that and have argued for dropping such things at every company I have worked at. But they never have 😞

At any rate support will get you on track. They are very good at trouble shooting that stuff.

• 2 weeks later...