21 minutes ago, Mord said:

Base game portraits are finally finished. A lot changed. They are up at CMMODS.

As it stands right now there are 2500+ portraits for the module version of this mod (which isn't done yet), and just over 1200 for the base game.

Have fun.

Mord.

Amazing stuff, cant wait to try it out! Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Mord said:

+1  Thanks my friend!!!  Very well done.  So many choices to choose from!!!  I left a comment at CMMODS also.  Said comment is just waiting approval before it is displayed.  This mod goes very nicely with your menu splash screen mod.  Both are very cool.  Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Mord said:

As it stands right now there are 2500+ portraits for the module version of this mod (which isn't done yet), and just over 1200 for the base game.

XvmhdS8.jpg

Have fun.

Mord.

Holly crap !!

They are moving alone !!

So nice and so real thank you Mord for this amazing job...

Great job!   Really like the shading/coloring of the faces and the 3D effect!  They pop out of the screen.  (The Russian tanker looks like his eyes are closed?)

Edited by Erwin

1 hour ago, sburke said:

Mord is back with a bullet!  (vague reference to Zappa Filmore East there, but w/o the mud shark or creamed corn....)

Mord is like K, Jagerfeld, L, Vitton, Ch, Dior...contempling and dressing his models with passion, finesse and patience ...a scarf left and a hat smaller, and a red a little more clear to the right..than ready for the big defiler, for ours eyes on the carpet of mods ...;)

Edited by 3j2m7

Thanks very much guys. I hadn't been posting much because I found the constant updates were taking too much time and distracting me from getting stuff done. I actually had to take one full week off because my eye was starting to get too muddled and I found I was making too many bad choices. To give it some perspective, I redid the Herr armor and armored infantry four times and the PzGr twice! Just those adds up to 1388 portraits. That's more than what I released for this version! Stepping away for a bit helped recharge my batteries and refocus. I was becoming really fatigued. But if you guys like this, just think, it is just under half of what I am creating for this mod. I am going balls out to make it as accurate as I can within the limits of the game to give the Ostfront the detail it deserves. There is way more to come for the module version. I think you will be really happy. I have to say I am very proud of what I have gotten done so far, and it is the best work I have done in my modding life to this point.

@Aragorn2002 I gave you a little compromise knowing you are a GD fan, so you got two types of helmets for them. Glad you like the battalion/Kompanie versions, I figured you dig them.

@Erwin He's looking to the right, it's hard to tell, but it was a compromise. I tried adding dots but I didn't like it. Once you acclimate your brain to it you'll see it.

@MOS:92B2P Just wait, you'll have double the choices. There are a lot of surprises coming in the module version!

@Ironsturm I was just typing about that. See the following.

I wanna leave you guys with one little portrait I designed to give you an idea of how dedicated I am to making this the best it can be. I needed something for the Heavy Panzer Abts that would distinguish them form the Panzer divisions. So I decided to use the Heer armored infantry guy that I had originally used as a place holder when I first posted about this mod.

So first I went with this:

WgK6lwz.png

I looked at it for a while and thought that's not right, he just looks like an infantry guy wearing his side cap.

So I designed some collar boards, and started working on his cap, bringing out the insignia colors to make it more in line with an armor uniform.

lmPNzyZ.png

It still didn't look right. Then I realized the collar boards weren't the right color and that he was missing the skull pips and needed the eagle on his cap to stand out more.

So, I ended up with this.

qDg3vNk.jpg

LOL But now I just realized I will need to fix this again, when I update the mod because only assault gun crews have green side caps. Tankers wear both black and green uniforms but apparently only the officer has a green hat, side caps are always black.

ATTENTION TO DETAIL!

Anyway, there you go. That's a fraction of what has gone into the creation of this mod, just figured I tell you guys about it.

Mord.