CMSF2 Demo

Hah, we're all old farts on this website! Earlier today I was emailing a buddy about how they had ended the draft (in the states) just before they got to my number. To tie in with sburke's earlier comment, that was in reference to the star of the Korean Series 'Let's Eat 3' getting abruptly called up for military service, killing the series.

1 hour ago, Vet 0369 said:

When asked by my manager at work why I laughed so much, I told her "You need to act your shoe size instead of your age. You'll have a lot more fun!" It still applies.🤓

I like that.

After the death of David Carradine, I told my brother if he ever finds me dead in an embarrassing position, like laying naked in bed covered in fudge, or croaked on the toilet ala Elvis, he is to get me dressed, go out and kill a shark or bear, tangle us up, destroy the room, and put a knife in my hand to make it look like we died fighting each other. I want to be a legend around the police station water cooler. Moral of this story? That's my shoe size talking...on just about any topic.

I always say, life is what you make it. If you choose to believe the world is a horrible place than that's what it will be. I find happiness in the smallest things; a nice summer evening, a crisp autumn afternoon, a brand new pair of socks, a fresh piece of paper, a new book, some cool music, etc.. If you learn to appreciate the seemingly insignificant then your existence will be filled with many joys and surprises. And of course find the humor in everything.

@Erwin. Yep, if you think about it, all this board is is a collection of (mostly) grown guys still playing in the backyard with their army men. 

Mord.

Edited by Mord

21 minutes ago, Mord said:

I always say, life is what you make it. If you choose to believe the world is a horrible place than that's what it will be. I find happiness in the smallest things; a nice summer evening, a crisp autumn afternoon, a brand new pair of socks, a fresh piece of paper, a new book, some cool music, etc.. If you learn to appreciate the seemingly insignificant then your existence will be filled with many joys and surprises. And of course find the humor in everything.

@Erwin. Yep, if you think about it, all this board is is a collection of (mostly) grown guys still playing in the backyard with their army men. 

Mord.

Amen to that brother. I had to get through some really rough stuff to get to that place, but I'm happy I got there. And being "old guys playing in the backyard" fits my philosophy that "we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing". Take a lesson from small kids who find fun and games in just about anything, and then preserve that state of mind as much as possible.

Gamer for life.

29 minutes ago, Mord said:

...to make it look like we died fighting each other.

You reminded me of the old Woody Allen movie 'Annie Hall' (again, showing my age). A character at a party says he wants to die in the wilderness fighting a wild animal, to which Allen quips "probably eaten by some squirrels." I have a friend who also wants to die heroically at the hands (paws?) of wild beasts. Me, I'm from Maine. A real man dies in his home driveway from a heart attack while shoveling snow during a blizzard.

I just want to have a decent healthy stretch after retirement where my hardest decisions are which family of CM will I play today and how long will I relax in my backyard sipping my coffee before I go back into the house to boot the PC.  And then in the evening trying to decide which bottle of wine do I want to sample today as I grill a nice steak.

7 hours ago, Sandokan said:

I'm 56 but I don't feel old at all. Especially considering I can't retire before 67. Presuming legislation isn't changed again in the meanwhile ...

BTW, I was wondering if among us forumites there is some Vietnam vet. After all it is that unlikely.

Not unlikely at all, Emrys was a camp follower in the First Crusade. 

Just now, Mord said:

Emrys once told Jesus to get off his lawn.

Mord.

no that was Adam- it was actually what forced Adam out of the Garden of Eden.  His comment to Jesus (though it was debated whether he was just singing an Allman Brothers tune) was "It just ain't my cross to bear".

There’s something I need to learn from you guys—I’m 29 and feel... well, old. Not in a pompous above-it-all kind of way either. Just a ****-my-body’s-deteriorating-and-I’m-running-out-of-time kind of way. It’s spurred me to decide to quit my job in the next month and take off traveling the world in rather aimless fashion. But we’ll see where exactly that plan goes...

In an effort to not completely derail this thread—yes, yes! CMSF2 demo! That good! Me want!

Just last night a character in a drama wearily said that they've felt 40 years old their whole life. I could relate. But not in a bad way. The 40s were my salad days! I liked my 40s!  What's wrong with 40? All grown up at last and not yet grown old. The only thing better than being 40 is being 50. Its all down hill after that, though ^_^