weta_nz

CMSF2 Demo

First off - Sorry to anyone who's come here thinking they have released it!!

I just wanted to put my 2c on how much I'm looking forward to the Demo.  I passed on CMSF the first time. It was so different to the WW2 CMx1 titles I was used to. Also, the new controls and the fact I didn't have any knowledge on the modern weapons meant it just got lost on me.  But all the talk about 'spys', IEDs, VBIEDS, technicals makes me feel that I've missed out on some really unique features. I'm really interested to see how they 'play out' in a scenario and how much of a different challenge it is. I'm sure I'm not alone in this experience.

So my one humble request would be to include some of the unique feature set of CMSF2 in the demo please. :)

Edited by weta_nz

Agreed -  I was missing the correct terminology 'asymmetrical warfare' and 'unconventional forces'.

As a game  - who wouldn't want to play as the underdog freedom fighters against the big bad USA/Nato invasion force and give them a bloody nose.....Just kidding guys!!

I guess the experience might be a bit like picking the Italian army in CMFI where you definitely notice a difference.

YES!  Looking forward to the MOUT operations, where the fighters and uncons can be a tough nut to crack.  The things I loved about shock force was the uncons, and that the better equipped Syrian units could still make you feel some pain if you didn't cross your T's and dot your i's.  Very much looking forward to the possibilities of the new release on the upgraded engine.

6 hours ago, weta_nz said:

all the talk about 'spys', IEDs, VBIEDS, technicals makes me feel that I've missed out on some really unique features. I'm really interested to see how they 'play out' in a scenario and how much of a different challenge it is.

Yep.  Some very cool features in CMSF.  Below are some screenshots (with mods) of the unique features from the old CMSF1.  I can't wait to see the updated look for CMSF2. 

8Wmbo5Eh.jpg

GndRVWHh.jpg

cQacZWbh.jpg

amZ8Tsih.jpg

C1Wa1Zdh.jpg

WstBdufh.jpg

Four different size of IED and a combatant group. 

QF8DC23h.jpg

VBIED.  Look in the back seat 😎.

ZXSlBCah.jpg

5NSS9MPh.jpg

Spy forward observer. .

S3L1Ljgh.jpg

Edited by MOS:96B2P

That Adidas wearing Uncon pic is top notch jajajaja that mod has to be put into CMSF2! 

Looking forward to getting my hands on some CMSF2, will bring back great memories ^^

4 minutes ago, boche said:

That Adidas wearing Uncon pic is top notch jajajaja that mod has to be put into CMSF2! 

Looking forward to getting my hands on some CMSF2, will bring back great memories ^^

It would need to be redone as there are new models, but yeah it looks really cool.