CMSF2 Demo

(Unofficial) status is Steve's in a hurry to get it out the door. Demo scenarios have all been play tested and feedback given. Last thing to do in any demo is for Charles to construct the standalone exe with only the art necessary for the scenarios and nothing else. Something he's done many times before.

59 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

(Unofficial) status is Steve's in a hurry to get it out the door. Demo scenarios have all been play tested and feedback given. Last thing to do in any demo is for Charles to construct the standalone exe with only the art necessary for the scenarios and nothing else. Something he's done many times before.

Ahh, like the sound of it. Will the demo only provide vs AI play or is H2H unlocked? How many scenarios (one for each module)?

26 minutes ago, Homo_Ferricus said:

Speaking of upgrades--I'm leaving the country for some time later this month, possibly for as long as a year or more. Are there plans for the CMSF1 upgrade offer to be a limited-time thing? Or can I expect to be able to get the upgrade deal when I'm back in front of a desktop computer in a year or two?

There has been nothing said to the contrary so I would assume that the discount will be enduring rather than short term.

1 hour ago, Homo_Ferricus said:

Speaking of upgrades--I'm leaving the country for some time later this month, possibly for as long as a year or more. Are there plans for the CMSF1 upgrade offer to be a limited-time thing? Or can I expect to be able to get the upgrade deal when I'm back in front of a desktop computer in a year or two?

You can buy it right away.  You just might not be able to play it. Man that would suck looking at your account, knowing you own it and can’t. Are you going to be without CM the whole year? 😫

22 hours ago, sburke said:

You can buy it right away.  You just might not be able to play it. Man that would suck looking at your account, knowing you own it and can’t. Are you going to be without CM the whole year? 😫

Yes I will be travelling about without a desktop or laptop and unable to play CM. I'm not starting with a King's budget so I'd rather not make the investment now, and wait to enjoy it in the not-so-near future. I'll have to survive on forum lurking, AARs and Josey Wales videos on YT until I get back in front of a decent rig.

Is there a way for me to be informed of the demo release other than having to check this forum 3 times a day? Is there a twitter, facebook, newsletter or whatever I could subscribe to that I've missed in my searches? Chris Nelson's twitter used to be great for this kind of information. I'm not saying it's something BF should  have, I'd rather them spend time working on their projects, but I thought I'd ask in case I've missed something.

So excited for the demo/full release!!!

5 hours ago, AkumaSD said:

Is there a way for me to be informed of the demo release other than having to check this forum 3 times a day? Is there a twitter, facebook, newsletter or whatever I could subscribe to that I've missed in my searches? Chris Nelson's twitter used to be great for this kind of information. I'm not saying it's something BF should  have, I'd rather them spend time working on their projects, but I thought I'd ask in case I've missed something.

So excited for the demo/full release!!!

I would think once a day max would do it.  Unless like us beta testers you like to get in on the competition to be first to download each new build. 🙂