Ooooh... Aaaaah... CMSF2 homepage is up!

25 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Yup, the times they are a changing ;)

More screenshots will be added in the coming weeks.  But more importantly, we've started work on the Demo!  That will be available to you ahead of the full release by quite a bit.  Four scenarios giving a feel for the Base and some of the Module content.

Steve

As someone who never bought CMSF the demo is very welcome news indeed.

I absolutely love the in-depth explanation provided about the game engine and game mechanics. It's under features in the menu if you haven't already read it. I'm really sure this will go a long way to helping promote the quality of the product and boost sales. I get excited just reading it!

Great stuff Battlefront!!

Cut and paste mistakes or unintentional bones?

"Supported for the long haul with patches, upgrades, and expansions"

"On map mortars, mortar vehicles, drones, anti-aircraft fire, and other modern warfare features"

Mord.

Edited by Mord

There are some typos in the text that I spotted when I was reading about the game and its modules on my phone but skimming over it now that I am on my comp I can't spot them, eh. 

Will the whole game bundle with all the modules still be discounted after the pre-order time is over? 

Also will the game launch with fixed unit behaviour that is plaguing current games? 

Some very nice screens, the vehicles, equipment and soldiers are all top notch looking. Very cool. BTW I noticed someone left the anti aliasing off...again. LOL. It's like a tradition.

Glad to hear there's gonna be a demo. I was blind sided by the "no later than the end of September" announcement. So, four missions to screw around with until then will be great and help ease the pain!

Mord.

10 minutes ago, Mord said:

Some very nice screens, the vehicles, equipment and soldiers are all top notch looking. Very cool. BTW I noticed someone left the anti aliasing off...again. LOL. It's like a tradition.

Glad to hear there's gonna be a demo. I was blind sided by the "no later than the end of September" announcement. So, four missions to screw around with until then will be great and help ease the pain!

Mord.

Yeah, why is the antialiasing off, looks worse that way. :D

1 hour ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Great news BF, never seem to have noticed the German Wiesel 2 Pioneer vehicle before, a new vehicle ?

Apparently it is 'cause I couldn't find it in the NATO manual.

Mord.

2 hours ago, Hister said:

There are some typos in the text that I spotted when I was reading about the game and its modules on my phone but skimming over it now that I am on my comp I can't spot them, eh. 

Like this, you mean?

" right down to what the individual soldiers cary into battle"   😊

Funny how typos creep inside texts.

5 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I preordered the big bundle DIGITAL version but got billed $28.00 for shipping. wtf

That's what you all get when I use the wrong product detail as a template!  Doh!  Please file a ticket with the Help Desk so I can reverse that charge.  It should only have happened if you selected a Disk or Manual.

Steve

I'm happy that we're getting near the end.  The nature of development this time around was the inverse of what we're used to; rapid process at the beginning (because so much was done already) and months for doing the final stuff (because the amount of fiddly things to do is huge!).

Typos will be fixed later on today.  There's only so m any times one can look at something and still find mistakes!  Unfortunately for me, my HTML editor's spell checker isn't so hot.

Steve

4 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Great to hear! I have opened a ticket. I definitely chose "Download only".

I'm sure you did.  The Download Only option mistakenly had a weight assigned to it, which triggered the shipping logic (as it should).

If anybody else here preordered a Download option and got socked shipping, please file a ticket with the Help Desk and I'll refund the shipping cost.

Steve

The two non-working Brit galleries are still W.I.P., I believe. Not enough screenshots got submitted so they're waiting on more... I think.

Pioneer Weisel had a model done for CMSF1 years ago but it never found its way into the TO&E. If its on the CMSF2 vehicle list that's a clerical error.

Edited by MikeyD