CMSF2 New Belligerent ?

1 hour ago, IDILIX said:

Hi this great news really. I Might have missed if someone asked this before but :

1. will there be new armies like Russian regular/irregulars  and Turkish army   ?

2. Irregulars such as YPG / FSA and ISIS ?

CMSF is premised on a fictional war in Syria 2008 not 2018.  That is not changing.

To elaborate just a bit however, the new CMSF will have all the features of the current Cmx2 engine appropriate for the 2008 Syria setting, so in comparison with the original game there are new features beside on map mortars such as for example water, barbed wire, ground to air fire, etc.

Edited by Sequoia

The unconventional forces are generically called 'fighter' and 'combatant'. So you can designate (or imagine) them to be any group you want. If you call them Al Qaida they're Al Qaida. If you call them NRA good-old-boys from Texas come to Syria to do some fightin' then that's what they are. One scenario that  I made, the uncons were designated a Hezbollah splinter group out of a suburb of Tripoli.

About Turkey, I'm currently busy modding the German Leopard 2A4 into a Turkish vehicle (3rd party mod). You could use Dutch forces for Turkish. The YPR765 GN used by engineer units is pretty darned close to the Turkish ACV-19. All you need is a little imagination. ^_^

Oh! Should I also mod the YPR769 into a Turkish vehicle? I hadn't thought of that before. Maybe when I get some free time

Turkish ACV.jpg

Edited by MikeyD

21 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The unconventional forces are generically called 'fighter' and 'combatant'. So you can designate (or imagine) them to be any group you want. If you call them Al Qaida they're Al Qaida. If you call them NRA good-old-boys from Texas come to Syria to do some fightin' then that's what they are. One scenario that  I made, the uncons were designated a Hezbollah splinter group out of a suburb of Tripoli.

About Turkey, I'm currently busy modding the German Leopard 2A4 into a Turkish vehicle (3rd party mod). You could use Dutch forces for Turkish. The YPR765 GN used by engineer units is pretty darned close to the Turkish ACV-19. All you need is a little imagination. ^_^

Oh! Should I also mod the YPR769 into a Turkish vehicle? I hadn't thought of that before. Maybe when I get some free time

Turkish ACV.jpg

In that vein, this could be a different background story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/syria-iraq-turkey-may-soon-fight-water-war-report/ar-BBL9J1g?ocid=spartanntp

The conflict became so serious that, in 2010, a scenario drawn up by the U.S.-led Western NATO military alliance, of which Turkey is a member, imagined a joint Iraq-Syria invasion of Turkey, according to the Middle East Policy Council. Today, the chance of war-weary Iraq and Syria engaging in such a conflict are slim, according to the Asharq Al-Awsat report, but residents of both countries are increasingly feeling the pain.

32 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

The hardship it seems to have induced on Battlefront makes me think of any number of boss battles in various games.

LOL. Yeah, Steve is like a LRRP trying to stamp out the Website Cong. It seems like nothing ever goes smooth around here. If it ever does, his wife will spend the day screaming, "You are not dead and this is not heaven...now go mow the lawn!"

Mord.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, MikeyD said:

The Turks also have the full fat cannon armed version:

Turkish_ACV-15_in_Mogadishu.jpg

Apparently that one was in Mogadishu.....Camo for the ones in Syria is as in your image.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

19 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I was wondering based on Mike's post where in the world could one possibly get Turkish voice files for a mod. I suppose one could use the in game Arabic files and most folks wouldn't notice. :(

Ask the Turks :). I do know Turks but none that I know is, AFAIK, interested in wargaming or things like that. Almost nobody that I know is, so at least it seems not to be related to their home country ;-). So I can't help you there, but there might be Turkish speaking members on the forum?
There was a Turkish forum member Togi / Togisan, he even had a youtube channel Gamer Tactic. 
Not sure how many people would hear the difference, I would.

Edited by Lethaface

I have this tilting at windmills wish that if the new Shock Force sells really well there could be a French/Italian module some time.  Once upon a time I posted a full unit order of battle for both sires for the war. It was based as best I could on the units depicted on the map that came with the physical copy of the game, but also included units from the campaigns including fan made ones.

Below, for example, are the Canadians. Someone posted I was probably over generous in that it would be difficult for Canada to field everything I gave them, and there's a good chance the same was true for other nations. I didn't include any Turkish ground forces as Battlefront's map had none. I did allow for Turkish air units however as a compromise.

Canada 1st Mech Brigade HQ-assigned to NATO Combined division -Ceylanpinar Area - Initial Objective Al Hasakah
Canada "Lord Strathcona's Horse" Armored battalion
Canada 1 / "Princess Patricia's Light Infantry" Mech battalion
Canada 2 / "Princess Patricia's Light Infantry" Mech battalion
Canada 3 / "Princess Patricia's Light Infantry" Infantry battalion
Canada 1 "Royal Canadian Horse Artillery" Field Artillery battalion 105mm/155mm towed
Canada 1 Mech Engineer regiment (battalion size unit)
 Canadian Special Operations Regiment (battalion size unit)

19 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I have this tilting at windmills wish that if the new Shock Force sells really well there could be a French/Italian module some time.

I'd buy it.

I'd take a Russia, Iran & Afghanistan pack too......CM:FW (Combat Missions: Forever War).  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd take a Russia, Iran & Afghanistan pack too......CM:FW (Combat Missions: Forever War).  ;)

I was thinking the other day that it would be cool if they'd just make some insurgent/uncon packs for CM. EX: A pack with Muj for SF2. Much less work than a full module, and bam, modders and scenario designers could go to town on creating A-Stan stuff.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Mord said:

I was thinking the other day that it would be cool if they'd just make some insurgent/uncon packs for CM. EX: A pack with Muj for SF2. Much less work than a full module, and bam, modders and scenario designers could go to town on creating A-Stan stuff.

Mord.

I think there would be good interest in that, but the vibe I get is that Battlefront is adverse into making "sandbox" expansions.