187th Infantry Regiment “Rakkasans” – 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)

I put this together while working on another project, and I think it is decent enough to post publicly. 

The original texture is the base US uniform texture from Black Sea. I added the correct shoulder and helmet insignia to represent the 187th Infantry Regiment "Rakkasans" who are part of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)

Constructive criticism is welcome as always.

101st-1.jpg?resize=777,437

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=6918

53 minutes ago, sburke said:

DLing now! Thanks @IICptMillerII

No problem! I'm getting better with photoshop and was able to put this together in a presentable enough way. Still haven't figured out camouflages though. 

34 minutes ago, A co said:

Nice one. I remember stenciling the torii on my helmet's camouflage cover lo these many years ago. Do they still put the number of the battalion with the torii image? Be nice to see one for 2nd Battalion.

I'm not sure to be honest with you. I've seen some with the unit numbers as part of the helmet patch, and I've seen others without. For instance, the image I used for the helmet torii in the mod is from a picture of a helmet, and it does not have unit numbers on it. My best guess is that it's not standardized across the entire regiment, and its more of a 'commanders discretion' kind of thing. 

All that said, I'm not sure how well the small numbering would come out in game. The images are slightly warped by the model mapping, so the small number would likely be illegible. 

Edited by IICptMillerII