Huge TOE resource

• 3 years later...

OK I've been searching the forums for a bit now.

I'm looking for a specific PDF on the Modern Russian forces (2018-2021ish). It had a section (Or it might have been the whole thing) where it listed a russian division, brigade or regiment, and then it listed how many tanks and apc/ifv the unit had. This pdf made it really easy to reference what unit had T-80Us for tanks for instance. Or which units were given the 600 BMP-3 that Russia had in 2021.

Edit. Found it. Page 71. 

https://www.rand.org › pubsPDF
Analysis of Russian Ground Force Deployment Capabilities and Limitations

Edited by Artkin

19 hours ago, Artkin said:

OK I've been searching the forums for a bit now.

I'm looking for a specific PDF on the Modern Russian forces (2018-2021ish). It had a section (Or it might have been the whole thing) where it listed a russian division, brigade or regiment, and then it listed how many tanks and apc/ifv the unit had. This pdf made it really easy to reference what unit had T-80Us for tanks for instance. Or which units were given the 600 BMP-3 that Russia had in 2021.

Edit. Found it. Page 71. 

https://www.rand.org › pubsPDF
Analysis of Russian Ground Force Deployment Capabilities and Limitations

Presumably then you will have seen this ...

(U) Russian Forces in the Western Military District (cna.org)

It was published in 2021 but it looks like the research cut off was 2019.  It isn't as user-friendly as the RAND document but it does touch on what equipment was fielded in some manoeuvre formations.

CNA also published a similar document for the Southern Military District but the link on their site takes you to a press analysis of 2021.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

Presumably then you will have seen this ...

(U) Russian Forces in the Western Military District (cna.org)

It was published in 2021 but it looks like the research cut off was 2019.  It isn't as user-friendly as the RAND document but it does touch on what equipment was fielded in some manoeuvre formations.

CNA also published a similar document for the Southern Military District but the link on their site takes you to a press analysis of 2021.

Yes I have, thank you. I actually specifically used both of these references to draft up a 20th CAA Master back in February. I was originally able to find this doc, but not the other. I kind of forgot about it, not sure if I completed it. 

The two documents really go well together; the RAND is from 2020.

I've used The Russian Way of War for anything concerning tactics, but that is kind of dated (2016 iirc). I used it to make a MRB first echelon defense on the Orsha 1 map. I will take a look at the zapad section and try to implement it... I want to go back and re-do Radzymin for 2022, and a Russian assault would be the flavor of choice. 

It would be nice to have every district now considering theyve all been pulled west. AFAIK the Eastern armies have been taking the brunt of it. 

Thanks for this!

Edited by Artkin

11 hours ago, Artkin said:

Yes I have, thank you. I actually specifically used both of these references to draft up a 20th CAA Master back in February. I was originally able to find this doc, but not the other. I kind of forgot about it, not sure if I completed it. 

The two documents really go well together; the RAND is from 2020.

I've used The Russian Way of War for anything concerning tactics, but that is kind of dated (2016 iirc). I used it to make a MRB first echelon defense on the Orsha 1 map. I will take a look at the zapad section and try to implement it... I want to go back and re-do Radzymin for 2022, and a Russian assault would be the flavor of choice. 

It would be nice to have every district now considering theyve all been pulled west. AFAIK the Eastern armies have been taking the brunt of it. 

Thanks for this!

I've got the Southern Military District one on my hard drive if you want it - PM me and we'll work out the mechanics.