New Website status update

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Gromit said:

Hey all:
It's been years since I last logged on, but checked in today to test the new site.

About the only issue I had was forgetting that I ended up having a Username for the Store and another variation of that for the Forums. I ended up confusing the two and eventually found my 3x5 index card with the login info, so reset went fine and I am up and running again.

Now I am surfing around looking for a status update on CM:WW2...

Good to see everyone is hanging in there.

Gromit - one of the Old Guard

Nice to meet another Virginian...I now live in Winchester, but lived in NOVA for many years...

Joe

18 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

Can I assume that if I want to buy a gift for a friend the procedure remains the same? Buy a second copy and email the key?

That works fine, though we have another option that we plan on smoothing out soon.  The option is to contact the Help Desk and we can provide you with info how you can purchase a Gift Certificate.  You then send that to your friend and he uses it, in part or in full, towards something.  This way the purchase is recorded in his account instead of being held by someone else.  Helps with long term ownership issues.

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

That works fine, though we have another option that we plan on smoothing out soon.  The option is to contact the Help Desk and we can provide you with info how you can purchase a Gift Certificate.  You then send that to your friend and he uses it, in part or in full, towards something.  This way the purchase is recorded in his account instead of being held by someone else.  Helps with long term ownership issues.

Steve

Excellent, long overdue!

The main Fortress Italy page (with the short description and three game choices) has a bad typo.

"Combat Mission Fortress Italy (CMFI) allows you to experience the "soft underbelly" of the Third Reich.  The initial release details the Sicilian campaign in the summer of 1943, with expansions portraying the tough fighting up the Italian pininsual through to the end of the war.  Click on the Base Game option to see the full range of information about Fortress Italy."

I am not sure what a "pininsual" is exactly but it sounds oddly anatomical, like a gland or something. Along with the "soft underbelly" phrase it makes for a very engaging paragraph. Did I say "typo?" On second thought, forget I mentioned it.

Mord.

Edited by Mord