New Website status update

Hey all:
It's been years since I last logged on, but checked in today to test the new site.

About the only issue I had was forgetting that I ended up having a Username for the Store and another variation of that for the Forums. I ended up confusing the two and eventually found my 3x5 index card with the login info, so reset went fine and I am up and running again.

Now I am surfing around looking for a status update on CM:WW2...

Good to see everyone is hanging in there.

Gromit - one of the Old Guard

29 minutes ago, Gromit said:

<snipped>

I ended up confusing the two and eventually found my 3x5 index card with the login info, so reset went fine and I am up and running again.

<snipped>

Now, there's a legacy backup system for you!  😀

Gives a whole new meaning to, "Old ways are best".  :ph34r:

Just now, Badger73 said:

Now, there's a legacy backup system for you!  😀

Gives a whole new meaning to, "Old ways are best".  :ph34r:

Yep... old ways for the Old Guard; who just happens to be rapidly losing his hair and turning into an Old Fart (I am 54 yrs). 😩

10 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I turn 65 in two weeks, Badger.  Will those three afflictions show up exactly on my birthday, or will I have a day or two to say good bye to life first?😩

Maybe you'd better start saying goodbye now. You might not live long enough to get it done otherwise.

:o

Michael

Jeez guys...  You sound like my parents who came from the generation that didn't expect live  past 70.  Always depressing me with warnings that they would be "gone soon".

30 years later my mother is nearing 100 after (IMO) wasting three decades just waiting/expecting to die at any moment.

100 is the new 70!   Plan for 150, I say...

1 hour ago, mjkerner said:

I turn 65 in two weeks, Badger.  Will those three afflictions show up exactly on my birthday, or will I have a day or two to say good bye to life first?😩

Let's just say that every new day offers a new discovery . . .  😨

(Truth be told, retirement's been wonderful.  I recommend it highly! 😉)

Lol, I’ve been retired for 5 years, and it’s great! Besides, thanks to various diseases and whatnot in my 50’s requiring a vigorous exercise/weight training regimen, I’m actually healthier and in hugely better shape than I was in my late 20’s through my 40’s. Life is great (he said, as he inadvertently stepped in front of a fast moving truck....)!

Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

I'm only 54, soon 55, but still in good health and fit as a fiddle, thanks to the Good Lord (and the Good Wife of course). And I'm not intending to become old in the traditional way. Age isn't that important a factor as it was in the generations before us. So stop talking about getting old, people! Burn!

Listen to Alan Watts;

Edited by Aragorn2002