New Website status update

39 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Well, I was about to pre order but saw your post... checked my order details for download version only and it says the same, standard delivery charge is $28.

I'll give it a miss until I find out what is going on... £93 it works out for that bundle. extra on top of that might just break my budget  :(

Yeah, probably the best idea to wait a while. I am sure it is a mistake and gets fixed asap. Never gotten shipping fees in the past from BF.  I opened a ticket for it.

in the 3.0  overview under the highlights section, first sentence: " Here are a few of the most requested features that are part of Game Engine 4."

Mord.

Edited by Mord

i really like the new look of the website. And looking very forward to CMSF2 However.

As Information,

Using my iPad I see no link to the store. Also my login is not being remembered.u

On my desktop there is no link to the store. Perhaps it is not up yet. Log in is not being remembered there either.

Edited by z1812

• 6 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 12:24 AM, Battlefront.com said:

The old repository was shut down long ago and is permanently offline as it was part of the ancient server infrastructure we just abandoned.  The stuff on it, however, wasn't deleted.  I'll get an update about its status and let you all know.

Steve 

Any update on this Steve?

Shirley CMMODs should have some way to access the old files?

@37mm are you looking for a particular mod?

When we knew the repository was closing a small group of us downloaded and saved as much as we could... some files were corrupt others were older versions of updated mods.  If you let me know what you're after I can check our database.

Bootie

5 minutes ago, Bootie said:

@37mm are you looking for a particular mod?

When we knew the repository was closing a small group of us downloaded and saved as much as we could... some files were corrupt others were older versions of updated mods.  If you let me know what you're after I can check our database.

Bootie

Nothing in particular.. but, with regards to CMSF, I know for a fact there were mods, scenarios & campaigns that were on the repository & hadn't been transferred to CMMODS (just off the top of my head Scipios explosions, Pro-effects smoke, Bodkins red tracers, Hardebergers improved trees, the Syrian Special forces in Urban blue camo, the OFW scenarios) which wasn't an issue... until the repository was finally closed recently.

I'll probably be buying a WW2 big bundle at some point this year & it strikes me that if so much of the CMSF stuff wasn't transferred then the same might be true for that stuff too.

Besides you never know when older mods/scenarios/maps/campaigns can be re-used or re-imagined (as has been recently seen with the Euroscape mods... also not on CMMODS). Heck, somebody was recently talking about re-using an old CMAK Spanish voice mod for Cpt Millers SLA mod.

As I said, I assumed there was an ongoing (if delayed) transfer process but it seems that if you're having to rely on hard drives being delivered to you then that's not the case.

4 hours ago, Bootie said:

Yeah we have a lot of those mods backed up and they will be fed into CMMODS IV in due course.  

That some of the mods (from a tiny list off the "top of my head") will eventually be transferred is good news... but also not really the issue.

11 minutes ago, Bootie said:

Well I don't know what else I can do to address 'your issue' outwith what Im already doing as a member of this community. 

You can only do what you can do (which is a great deal).

However, BFC are the only ones who have the entire old repository collection & I'm not the only who has asked about them.

Edited by 37mm

FWIW Over the years, I downloaded everything on the Repository - except perhaps mods that were only of use in the editor for designers, and H2H scenarios (as I never had time to play H2H).

So, am confident that Bootie and CMMODS IV will be able to offer a comprehensive list.

(Glad you are feeling better btw!)

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

FWIW Over the years, I downloaded everything on the Repository - except perhaps mods that were only of use in the editor for designers, and H2H scenarios (as I never had time to play H2H).

So, am confident that Bootie and CMMODS IV will be able to offer a comprehensive list.

(Glad you are feeling better btw!)

Now that is good news.

I commend you on your foresight, tenacity, dedication & decisiveness in comprehensively archiving the repository.

• 2 months later...

Are there currently some kind of login issues with main page/store? I reset my password on 15th and purchased CMSF2 big bundle upgrade yesterday without any login issues but today my password doesn't work and when I try to reset password the page claims that username and password don't match (I have tried every imaginable spelling and email several times).

31 minutes ago, mvp7 said:

username and password

Username is not your email. By default when you sign up with an email address your user name gets set to the portion of your email before the @ symbol. I think there is also a string length limit if you email is a long one. Try logging in with the name part of your email address and the pw you think it is.

3 minutes ago, IanL said:

Username is not your email. By default when you sign up with an email address your user name gets set to the portion of your email before the @ symbol. I think there is also a string length limit if you email is a long one. Try logging in with the name part of your email address and the pw you think it is.

Thanks, I made my account long before the new website so my username is not related to the email. I don't think the issues is with me not knowing my username anyway as I just reset the password and logged in several times with no issues a day ago. If no-one else is having problems with login I guess I'll have to make a support ticket.