New Website status update

As many of you have no doubt noticed, our store is shut down and we're transitioning to our LONG awaited new home.  Sheesh it's a lot of work.  Probably why it's been limping along for almost two years.  Darned game development needs keep getting in the way of creating slick marketing :D

The site is basically done, however the shakedown cruise with our testers has uncovered a bunch of things that needed addressing.  Some of which the eCommerce provider has had to jump in and fix.  Like the games we make, sometimes bugs crop up only after you're trying to use something in real world conditions.  Not that our testers live in the real world, as they will be quick to point out!

The resulting site is worth the effort.  The old site was always a bit clunky, though functional.  As time has marched on it's grown older and older in terms of both style and function.  Although not perfect (we have some more tweaking to do), the new site is very much set up for the world we live in now.

IMPORTANT...

We migrated all your customer and order data from our old system to the new one.  This means you have access to your download links and license key just like before.  However, the passwords couldn't be transported and therefore nobody can log in without a password reset.  I urge EVERYBODY to read the instructions carefully so as to avoid frustration doing things the wrong way.  If you do get stuck, we'll help you out through the Help Desk.

Initially the site will not have CMSF2 preorders on it as we want to let a few days of orders go through to assess if there's any problems we've overlooked.  Once we're sure that's all good to go, CMSF2 preorders will open up.

Thanks all for now!

Steve

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

<snipped>

However, the passwords couldn't be transported and therefore nobody can log in without a password reset.  I urge EVERYBODY to read the instructions carefully so as to avoid frustration doing things the wrong way.  If you do get stuck, we'll help you out through the Help Desk.

<snipped>

Any chance of posting those instructions here so we can prepare ourselves ahead of time?

They are still a work in progress, as we discover oddities with people's accounts, but here's the basics...

Customers have a Username and Email associated with their old store accounts.  These have moved over, no problem there.  The problem is people don't necessarily know what one or both of them are!  They reply on their browser to do that when the log in.  A browser MIGHT still suggest the correct information with the new store, it might not.

When you try to reset your password with the new store make sure to enter your Username and Email from your old account.  If you do not remember it, guess by putting your email in both fields.  Username has a character limit and might truncate your email address.  Don't worry, that's fine because if it does that it's stored in the database truncated as well.  The important thing is for the two to match, not be a useable email address.  That's what the Email field is for 😉

If your old account has an outdated email address, then you have to contact us at Support and we'll verify your info then reassign your email address to something that works for you.  Then you can reset your password.

My sense is that most people will get in first time no problem.  Another big chunk of people will get in after a bit of frustration.  Some won't be able to get in at all and we'll have to help out.  Pain the butt for everybody, but that's the price of progress.

People should *NOT* create new accounts.  That messes things up for you long term because we can not merge your order history into your new account.  Meaning, sooner or later you will need your old count fixed and so you might as well do it from the start.

Note that your credit card info was never stored on the old server EVER.  Just a reminder.

There, now aren't you sorry you asked for the raw version? :D

Steve

2 hours ago, Topkick said:

Got a new password and still am getting the "we are moving etc" message on the storefront, can't access any of my prior downloads.

The "get a new password" is only for when the NEW website goes on line. There are instruction right on the main page of it that will walk you through getting a new password. Pretty sure changing your password on the old store site isn't going to do anything for you. 

1 hour ago, Ultradave said:

The "get a new password" is only for when the NEW website goes on line. There are instruction right on the main page of it that will walk you through getting a new password. Pretty sure changing your password on the old store site isn't going to do anything for you. 

Is the new website live yet  as the site URL I have is for the old one.  If it is live, what's the URL?

12 minutes ago, sburke said:

They will announce when it is up, they have not done so.

"  I see, said the blind man, as he picked up the hammer and saw" .  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  Given what I've read I've gotten the impression that,  at least for some people, the new site is live.