Oleksandr's Modding Space for CMSF2

On 9/17/2018 at 6:51 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I converted it for use as the fictional gulf kingdom of 'Al Durkali', added an oil well out in the desert and a few other bits & bobs.....Naturally the Uncon forces are led by the renowned 'Mohammed Jihad'.  :P

And not Bashir Ali Squarehead?  I am disappointed. I will have to rename him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you watched the video?

Otherwise, just hit @Bootieup. He helped me upload my reworked Op BARRAS scenario for CMSF 2 when I was being a bit thick about the uploading process. Off the top of my head though, if mods work the same as scenarios there then you need to upload the mod first and then copy the url. Then you go to your post and paste the url of the mod into it.

17 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Have you watched the video?

Otherwise, just hit @Bootieup. He helped me upload my reworked Op BARRAS scenario for CMSF 2 when I was being a bit thick about the uploading process. Off the top of my head though, if mods work the same as scenarios there then you need to upload the mod first and then copy the url. Then you go to your post and paste the url of the mod into it.

Yes and by following it I've uploaded more than 80 mods... but they've changed the design a bit and not rar and zip archives are not uploading on that website. Thats a bit sad coz the mod is ready.

Yes will need to check this out.... 

I think of the top of my head is you need to create the post as normal... upload the zipped file to the media section then attach it to the post.

Its near 2am here so it will be tomorrow until I can get to this... hang fire guys.

6 hours ago, Mord said:

Thanks, Bootie. I personally didn't need to upload anything right now, was checking for Oleksandr. But I appreciate your promptness. Looks like it will be pretty quick to get used too.

Mord.

Even I worked it out without the normal adult supervision I require from @Bootie so clever folks will have no problems.

3 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

This is not working for rar files and zip files it saying something like, "this type of file is blocked for security measures" - I've tried both zip and rar files last night. 

Have tried uploading to your media library?  You can then add a box for a file on your uploads page with the option of choosing something from there.

Took me a while to figure this out too, was having the same issue.

Edited by homewrecker