CMRT Bagration

Loved the Luftwaffe being forced at gunpoint to use the 88 vs the KV.   If only CM could look this good and be as immersive - maybe one day!   :D

(Amazed that there is a WW2 lego set.  What's next?  Auschwitz lego set?)

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Loved the Luftwaffe being forced at gunpoint to use the 88 vs the KV.   If only CM could look this good and be as immersive - maybe one day!   :D

(Amazed that there is a WW2 lego set.  What's next?  Auschwitz lego set?)

I think the first 88s were used for the first time, as function ATG in Afrikakorps  by Rommel Isn't?

Don't be macabre Erwin (CM), is fun, in a redimentionned time ... !!

2 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

@3j2m7  Very funny / cool video.  Somebody put a lot of time into it.  Thanks for sharing it.  +1

Yes I guess, really a lot of time and a passion of details...

But asking me if German, were really used 88s, flak, again tanks on the Russian theatre ??

Edited by 3j2m7

Not wanting to take this fabulous video too seriously, but I read somewhere (but don't remember where) it's a myth that someone suddenly decided on the battlefield to use 88mm guns against tanks, because to use them against tanks you need armor-piercing rounds, which had to be supplied in the first place. So, the argument goes, it was always envisioned as part of the 88's role that they would fight tanks.

One interesting point to come out of the video, though,  is how more realistic and inventive damage effects on vehicles and soldiers would improve the immersiveness of CM.

7 hours ago, Anson Pelmet said:

Not wanting to take this fabulous video too seriously, but I read somewhere (but don't remember where) it's a myth that someone suddenly decided on the battlefield to use 88mm guns against tanks, because to use them against tanks you need armor-piercing rounds, which had to be supplied in the first place. So, the argument goes, it was always envisioned as part of the 88's role that they would fight tanks.

One interesting point to come out of the video, though,  is how more realistic and inventive damage effects on vehicles and soldiers would improve the immersiveness of CM.

...a myth that has just cause increases the invincibility of the German army, since they launched the manufacture of Tiger panzer including this time a gun of 88, but I am not an expert in details panzers, I only know that they have exist but I do not know when was their first appearance!
I thought it was Rommel who had the idea with his Afrikakorps?

The video shows the impactes that is also very well done, but I think that CM (with Mod decal rendering) is also well defined, and I think that until now, CM is the only game that integrate this visible result, after performing a complex calculation, of a fighting resolution ... and that's why we all love the CMs series!

Thanks to yours added infos !

Edited by 3j2m7

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Even during the First World War, 8.8 cm Flak 18 carried both HE and AP rounds so that it could be used in a dual-purpose role. With Rommers serving on the Italian front I don't think that he could claim credit for being the first person to use it as an Anti-tank gun.

Exactly Warts 'n' all I found an interresting link here

https://www.quora.com/What-made-the-Germans-use-their-88mm-AA-guns-against-tanks-Was-it-luck-that-they-discovered-it-could-knock-out-any-tank

Thanks to your added comments!