Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Artkin

5x5Km Radzy Full 2 Minicampaign

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey!
While we wait for the mech team v team to get together on CM forums I made a four mission campaign in Black Sea on Rad Full 2.

If anyone wants to test it with me to see if its balanced or fun that would be pretty crazy (I could use help with fortification placement and AI plans if you really get into the map as well :rolleyes:).

Battles at max will only be a smidge over battalion vs battalion depending on your losses (Little to none at all in this case). Master maps are a lot of fun considering all the space. Huge maps really dont start lagging until you place more pixeltruppen than you should anyway. Hopefully someone will find my campaign enjoyable =). No briefings yet. More details/screens to come.

If you want the file to test, please PM. I want to have a fun pbem on this.

Edited by Artkin
~Ported over from Thefewgoodmen~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 6:36 AM, Artkin said:

While we wait for the mech team v team to get together on CM forums

What is this?

Re: your map - is it something you designed from scratch? Is it fictional or 'factional'? Wherebouts - geographically - is the setting?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a mission whipped up yet but it shouldn't take long at all. I didn't think to add a briefing or anything quite yet. 

I figured we could knock out a quick game and if there is further interest we can continue.

But for now I had figured we could setup a battle in phases:

First- Recon platoon and mech inf platoon

Second (10-15 min later)- armor platoon and mech inf platoon

Third - whatever

 

We can either do a company sized mech battle or a battalion sized one. 

It'll come down to how many troops we will want to command each/how many troops your pc can handle on the great Rad Full 2 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

What is this?

Re: your map - is it something you designed from scratch? Is it fictional or 'factional'? Wherebouts - geographically - is the setting?
 

This is using the map Rad Full 2 found on Thescenariodepot under CMRT. I have converted the map over to CMBS with an old tool I scoured the forums for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the caveat?

This map was so large and memory intensive that the maximum map size was scaled back. (It is worth noting I was not able to open this map when complete in the 3d preview, as it caused a CTD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WOOPS!

I've been so out of sync with the forums I realized this thread was about the campaign I threw together. Then again I've been practically begging for a pbem.

I'm able to run the map on an i5 2500k and a gtx 670 with 16gb ddr3. 

In this following link contains the campaign itself, the four individual mission files, the campaign text file, and the master file for the troops I used. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12DLfFVLheZ9YHYJvl8ntzg1ibZy4MK0X

I didn't write up a briefing yet or anything of the sort. I wanted to see if there was interest before I attempted it. Furthermore, my GPU wound up dying on me and I can no longer load in as well. I think a lot of the memory used for the map is stored in the GPU. 

~I'm currently shopping for a new card

Edited by Artkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am always interested in good user campaigns as campaigns provide this additional connection, meaningfulness, and immersion single scenarios lack for me.

I can´t tell you much other than that I downloaded scenario 1, it loaded correctly, and that the map looks good. When you perchance find time to create immersive briefings and background I definitely will give it a try.

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Artkin said:

WOOPS!

I've been so out of sync with the forums I realized this thread was about the campaign I threw together. Then again I've been practically begging for a pbem.

I'm able to run the map on an i5 2500k and a gtx 670 with 16gb ddr3. 

In this following link contains the campaign itself, the four individual mission files, the campaign text file, and the master file for the troops I used. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12DLfFVLheZ9YHYJvl8ntzg1ibZy4MK0X

I didn't write up a briefing yet or anything of the sort. I wanted to see if there was interest before I attempted it. Furthermore, my GPU wound up dying on me and I can no longer load in as well. I think a lot of the memory used for the map is stored in the GPU. 

~I'm currently shopping for a new card

I'd suggest buying all the units you're going to use on the map. Don't worry about specifics. If you think it'll be 2 battalions (or so), against 3+ battalions, just buy something like what you foresee ending up with. E.g., generic battalions, without worrying about experience levels and attachments. 

Then, just mash 'em together. Big sweeping moves with multiple waypoints for everything. Don't worry about what ends up where or legal/illegal terrain. 

The goal? To see if the movements and LOS calculations will cause a CTD. Just because a map can load in 3D does not mean that a game will load.

It's the additional load of having units moving, LOS'ing, and shooting which will overload your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×