Iraq War

8 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

And more importantly: Is the author going to port it to SF2?

He shouldn't have to port.  The goal is CMSF2 will run anything created in CMSF.  It won't have any of the additional AI capabilities in 4.0, but it should be playable.

54 minutes ago, sburke said:

He shouldn't have to port.  The goal is CMSF2 will run anything created in CMSF.  It won't have any of the additional AI capabilities in 4.0, but it should be playable.

True...however I thought I read somewhere that CMSF1 mods may not work in CMSF2?

that is correct, but a mod should not prohibit a scenario playing.  Mods are user oriented and not part of a save file etc.  When you create a campaign or scenario your modes will only alter what you see. I can load that same scenario/campaign without them.  It won't alter game play, jus tth evisuals.  If someone created a campaign that needs the visual that come from a mod they would have to redo them for the effect, but it wouldn't stop anyone from launching it.

In terms of the mods there are a few that will work like Kieme's building mod, but for the most part you should assume any mod for CMSF will not work in CMSF2.

Don't take me as the final word, but the models for CM have all been redone so if you have mods for soldiers or vehicles for sure they will no longer work.  UI is also conforming to current so anything that took advantage of CMSF specific stuff likely won't work.  So no you can't just rename uniforms for example as they will no longer fit the models they apply to.   Sound mods may, though they might possibly need some renaming generally I think they probably don't.  I use some but honestly considering what I focus on in playing I could easily have missed some items. 

Kieme's buildings that I know you use do still work.

On 6/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, MANoWAR.U51 said:

Was there ever a custom campaign made for Shock Force about the 2003 Iraq invasion and the following conflict (2013-present)?

Direct answer: no OIF campaigns exist. 

1. I did 2 historical OIF-2 Marines vs uncon ambush-and-relieve scenarios set in central Ramadi in 2003. 

2. @Combatintman did a number of OP TELIC British scenarios set 2003-2004, plus others set in A-stan. 

3. @Sgt.Squarehead did 2 bloodbaths set in the Mosul siege 2016.  

Apologies to anyone else I left out here. I faintly recall someone once trying 73 EASTING but hazy on details.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:24 PM, sburke said:

Don't take me as the final word, but the models for CM have all been redone so if you have mods for soldiers or vehicles for sure they will no longer work.  UI is also conforming to current so anything that took advantage of CMSF specific stuff likely won't work.  So no you can't just rename uniforms for example as they will no longer fit the models they apply to.   Sound mods may, though they might possibly need some renaming generally I think they probably don't.  I use some but honestly considering what I focus on in playing I could easily have missed some items. 

Kieme's buildings that I know you use do still work.

How about UI items?  eg: I love the mod (forgot who did it) that gives colored weapons with caliber and range.

• 1 year later...