Disappointed

18 hours ago, sburke said:

No not really.  Recon vehicles are vehicles because they are intended to cover distance, however they don't have to go 10 feet if the position they are doing recon of is just beyond the hill 10' ahead.  So now you have a tactical situation where the recon vehicles has covered the approach to get to the town they were ordered to reconnoiter or the bridge they were ordered to seize and now have a combat situation.  You are far too strict in how you define the situations a recon force would find itself in based on the objective it was assigned.  For example the article below was based on some research that was initiated for the granddaughter of a sergeant in the 2nd cavalry reconnaissance group.  Any portion of the battles below could be done on a far smaller map. There are combat situations described for both this unit and the German Recon Bn 115.

You're wasting your time man. Square peg, round hole, etc. Some people have preconceived notions of this game that are not easily broken. 

You picked a good WWII example though. 2nd and 3rd Cav Groups did proper Yeoman work in that area. 

Edited by Rinaldi

On 6/22/2018 at 12:07 AM, Battlefront.com said:

For 20 years of CM development we've always had people disagreeing with our choice of scale for one reason or another.  There is a group that feels tactical battles without the player directing things strategically are pointless.  

Yeh.. there's a group that knows the capacity to play H2H campaigns would meet this need, enhance the scale of immersion but still not detract at all from CM's core gameplay. I'm not sure what's stopping you?

Edited by The Steppenwulf

4 hours ago, The Steppenwulf said:

Yeh.. there's a group that knows the capacity to play H2H campaigns would meet this need, enhance the scale of immersion but still not detract at all from CM's core gameplay. I'm not sure what's stopping you?

I'll take a wild stab at that, possibly in your opinion rhetorical, question.  Coding time and effort as compared to possible financial reward?  If you look through the forums you might notice a few old threads where various individuals proposed to BFC that they would take on the task of creating the framework to perform the exact task that you are casually tossing out there.  BFC told them to go ahead and go for it with their blessing and support.  These efforts even got their own official threads in the appropriate forums.  Although the task was attacked with optimism and enthusiasm their efforts failed.  BFC has enough on its plate that diving into such a task was not deemed worthwhile and with the failure of the third party efforts, well here we are.  

12 minutes ago, ASL Veteran said:

I'll take a wild stab at that, possibly in your opinion rhetorical, question.  Coding time and effort as compared to possible financial reward?  If you look through the forums you might notice a few old threads where various individuals proposed to BFC that they would take on the task of creating the framework to perform the exact task that you are casually tossing out there.  BFC told them to go ahead and go for it with their blessing and support.  These efforts even got their own official threads in the appropriate forums.  Although the task was attacked with optimism and enthusiasm their efforts failed.  BFC has enough on its plate that diving into such a task was not deemed worthwhile and with the failure of the third party efforts, well here we are.  

You are referring to the development of a operational game that uses a ground-up, purpose built game engine and is an independent development from BF. I'm referring to native Campaign files .CAM and .ema files. H2H campaign is no different from standard campaign games against the AI, including all the code and the encryption method - all except that the campaign script is not active in the .ema format. 

Edited by The Steppenwulf

I've been playing CMSF on and off for the last many years and thoroughly enjoying it, sure nothings perfect, whatever is, but I`m so happy to be able to immerse myself in the CMSF world  simulator, and I for one will buy CMSF2 for sure the minute its released........Disappoined?  I dont think so because I`ll be spending many hours,weeks,months and years like I have done with CMSF1 and all of its modules.

Bring it on with great joy I say....

Cheers.

I am as happy as a two headed pig munching a crap mountain sandwich. I've been waiting years for this moment, SF2 at 4.0. My only disappointment is it's not sitting on my hard drive right this second.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Man. All the talk of Hindu Kush (caucasus; sorry spelling) makes me remember the campaign Heart of Darkness. One of the missions - was with two valley passes and three hill/mountain sides. With an All American para units , and ANA army.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:01 PM, Mord said:

I am as happy as a two headed pig munching a crap mountain sandwich. I've been waiting years for this moment, SF2 at 4.0. My only disappointment is it's not sitting on my hard drive right this second.

Mord.

Oh but it will be.... sooner than you think! 😉

I suspect you'll have to wait at least a couple days...

"Our store is offline while we transition existing customer information and past orders to our brand new website. We are unsure how long the transition will last. Our estimate is July 8, but much of the timing is out of our hands. Please be patient."

From the BFC store.