Disappointed

2 hours ago, benpark said:

Ah, I'd still try it.

Hat.jpg

Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. When you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

Oh, it looks good on you though.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. A man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

https://www.amazon.com/Caddyshack-Style-Judge-Smails-Fedora/dp/B00522ITWW

Mord.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:34 AM, Erwin said:

While great graphics are wonderful, I think most of the current customers would be perfectly happy to play CM2 with or without shadows.  The primary audience to date have been those of us interested in small/tactical military issues, and there is no competitor for CM2 AFAIK.   If one wants to start competing with Battlefield, Call of Duty and other big boys, then graphics becomes a primary selling point.  But, that is a different genre and appeals to a different audience.

You don't really play any other games, do you? Good-looking shadows aren't some million dollar budget item out of reach of small developers like Battlefront.

Good grief, the logic and reasoning of people like you sometimes. 🙄

I enjoy SHWOTP and the graphics for that with mods are wonderful.  But, while it's great to sometime kick back and look at the gorgeous sunsets over an inviting ocean, that not the reason I play CM2. 

You misunderstand and make it sound like people are against great graphics.  What we're saying is that with CM2 and a small company that has to prioritize what it spends limited resources on, there is a sense here that there are other more important priorities.  But presumably you have a direct line to BF being a "CM Tester".  Why are you upset on these forums when you could be discussing it with BF.  It's their decision not ours...

It's an old, limited engine, certainly that's a fact. It doesn't compare well to engines developed at similar times.. But the vast, vast majority of those had teams, for their engine alone, double/triple/quadruple what BFC has/had in total, for everything! 

I'm the end I believe it boils down to resource allocation (people/time=finished objective) rather than the ease of the thing.

They only have so many people to throw at any particular issue or project, so as Steve has said countless times it's simple a matter of Staff triage. 

There's a billion things we'd all like but, at the staff scales BFC operates at, re/building the engine is complicated and very expensive in people/wages.

• 2 weeks later...