New forum means...

I have a MacBook Pro and am a beta tester. I didn't have any licensing issue with CMSF1. Is there a forum link I could look at that describes this? Perhaps I can duplicate it with my CMSF1 installation.

Possibly good news though - with the CMSF2 alpha and beta, I was able to just enter the license key and have been good to go the whole time. I think we had to relicense once but that was a 'feature' not a bug. (meaning it was done purposely). These aren't done with installers though, so it may work differently

About a year ago, Apple put out an OS upgrade to 10.12.x. At the same time, I moved my CMSF and modules to a new SSD. When I started up CMSF, I got an error message from Fury Software saying to contact the retailer. I opened a ticket with support, and ran the suggested GSclean terminal script. That didn't work, and Steve took over. We worked for about a week to try to straighten it out, but failed.  Steve apologized and said I'd have to wait for the updated CMSF 2. Interestingly, I have an old copy of OS 10.6.x, and it will startup with that system but I have a graphic issue on that HDD that's not related to the game. It might have been just a "perfect storm" of the combination of OS upgrade and moving the game to the new SSD. I've been patiently waiting for the update and using my original Paradox PC CMSF 1 + Marines module on my PC side in Boot Camp. 

Edited by Vet 0369
Typo

That's unfortunate. If Steve couldn't fix anything I doubt any of us will do better 🙂  GSClean usually will do the trick. I've had to go that route a couple of times with Phil helping me (with what, I can't remember but it wasn't SF1, I don't believe). 

Well, with a little patience there will be a bright shiny SF2.   If you like SF1 you'll want it anyway 🙂

Just for reference I have a 2015 MacBook Pro, running OS High Sierra, 10.13.5.  Haven't had any issues during any testing with Mac OS updates breaking anything. Hopefully with new installers that will be a problem of the past.

Edited by Ultradave

Yeah, I'm hopeful, and sure, it will. I have a much older computer, a MacPro 2010 running a 3.46GHz 6-core Intel Xeon processor, 32 Gb RAM, and GTX 1080 GPU with 8 Gb VRAM, so there shouldn't be any system issue except the one mentioned. Apple updates can sometimes really Bork the game on a random basis.

CMSF1 died for me too and the error code pointed to Microsoft being at fault. I Googled the error code and found Youtube videos of programmers trying to fix a random assortment of similarly failed programs large and small. CMSF2 doesn't need a running CMSF1 to install, it just needs your old license key (if you're getting the discount 'upgrade').

• 4 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the Shock Force 2 release. No other strategy game has ever done modern asymmetric warfare like Shock Force did. Could you give some examples of the TO&E changes? Were there any major additions or removals to the original equipment for example?

A question about the pricing (I know it has been discussed several times in many threads including this one but I still can't find a clear, definitive answer): I have the paradox version of SF1 and the battlefront 3-DLC bundle but not the 1$ update. Will I be able to buy the 35$ full upgrade directly with the keys I have or do I have to contact the support or something like that to get the full discount?

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Thanks for posting, but I don't own Shock Force or any module... from the picture shown it states they are all upgrade packages.

I assume that doesn't apply to me as I don't own any of it to upgrade... Has anyone got any pricing info on the brand new game?

Oops sorry I miss-read your post. I don't think Steve has announced that yet. I would look at the existing games for guidance. There will likely be bundles too.

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Ok, thanks mate... I own all the WWII stuff, but am wanting to branch out into SF  :)

My guess would be it would be roughly comparable to other games.

Base games generally go for 60, modules for 35 and bundles for somewhat less.

1 hour ago, Bartokomus said:

i figured, but i'd hoped i'd missed some announcement. Sad panda 😞

Just do what I do in times such as these, slap a nun, kick a puppy, and cry into a pillow. But we can at least take heart knowing it should be any day now. In the meantime visit a church or local pet shop and relieve your pain.

Mord.

• 2 months later...