New forum means...

We're getting close!  More to follow.

Some might wonder why we didn't adapt the existing CMSF1 discussion area to cover CMSF2.  Good question!  The answer is the two games are so very different in terms of what you guys like to discuss that having them both be in the same Forum would be very confusing.  "Wait, which game are you talking about?!?" would be the norm.  The solution was pretty obvious ;)

Steve

40 minutes ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Will there be a big bundle with the base game and all the modules available right away?

From Steve here

What I can I say... we continue to be perfectionists!  Some of you were envisioning us copying and pasting CMSF1 stuff into the current Game Engine 4.  Over and done with within a few months, right?  I think we had a similar concept at first, though a few months was never a realistic timeframe in our minds.

Since digging into CMSF1 in detail we found there was a need to redo pretty much everything.  Quite a bit from scratch.  We even violated our original concept of "nothing new for CMSF2 because we don't want this project to drag out".  Yes, that means CMSF2 has on map dismounted and mounted mortars, for example.  All new Soldier models certainly took up a huge chunk of time.  Correcting our original research and predictions for near future TO&E also was no small task.  And scenarios... well, let's just say a lot has changed over the years and that is obvious if you play a stock CMSF1 (Game Engine 0) in CMSF2 (Game Engine 4)!  The good news is that original CMSF1 content can be loaded in the Editor without doing anything special.  We expect a lot of old CMSF1 hands will have fun upgrading their scenarios to CMSF2 standards.

The upshot of this all is that CMSF2 feels like a brand new game instead of something slightly warmed over from 2008.  We think you'll agree it was the right way to go, even if it meant a lot more time spent in the oven.

This thread now officially announces and confirms that existing CMSF1 customers can upgrade to CMSF2 very, very, very affordably.  Here's what the new website shows you when you select to CMSF1 Upgrades section:

CMSF Upgrades.jpg

Yup, for $35 you can Upgrade the CMSF2 Base Game Engine 4, Marines, British Forces, and NATO in one go.  Upgrades can not be preordered, so for those of you looking to Upgrade you should skip the preorder and wait until things start shipping.  And when do we expect to ship?  No later than the end of July 2018.

I've asked the Testing Lads™ to create some fun screenshots for me to post.  Here they are!

Steve

Edited by Pete Wenman

Question about upgrades. I have the paradox version of the game (modules all bought from store so I have those and the keys) but I don't have the game installed currently nor the key for the SF base game and I'm in Afghanistan at the moment. How would I go about upgrading if I don't have the original SF key or game on me? 

8 hours ago, iMolestCats said:

Question about upgrades. I have the paradox version of the game (modules all bought from store so I have those and the keys) but I don't have the game installed currently nor the key for the SF base game and I'm in Afghanistan at the moment. How would I go about upgrading if I don't have the original SF key or game on me? 

It isn't an "upgrade" in the sense it will take your existing game and magically make it 4.0.  It is really a new game and a new install.  Your license will indicate to them what you own and therefore what pricing option you have.  You can open a ticket and see if they can access your account info to validate.

13 hours ago, iMolestCats said:

Good question!  Can't you just pop on home and get the license key?  No?  OK, I guess that makes sense ;)

Our intention is to make this as painless a process as we can for everybody, including us!  No doubt there's going to be a few cases where some extra TLC is needed to get things going, however I suspect you won't have a problem.  You most likely purchased the Retail Upgrade from us way back when.  That was a $1 purchase that converted the Paradox license over to our system.  If so, then there is an online record of your license key for you to enter when it comes time to Upgrade.

To give you guys some idea of how this works, CMSFI (and its Modules) need two keys to function.  All original SF1 keys count as one, the Upgrade keys count as the second.  New purchases get a license key that does double duty so only one key.

Steve

On 6/22/2018 at 8:50 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Good question!  Can't you just pop on home and get the license key?  No?  OK, I guess that makes sense ;)

Our intention is to make this as painless a process as we can for everybody, including us!  No doubt there's going to be a few cases where some extra TLC is needed to get things going, however I suspect you won't have a problem.  You most likely purchased the Retail Upgrade from us way back when.  That was a $1 purchase that converted the Paradox license over to our system.  If so, then there is an online record of your license key for you to enter when it comes time to Upgrade.

To give you guys some idea of how this works, CMSFI (and its Modules) need two keys to function.  All original SF1 keys count as one, the Upgrade keys count as the second.  New purchases get a license key that does double duty so only one key.

Steve

Just went through my email and I didn't find where I had bought the license upgrade (honestly I'm not sure if I did). I did find my key for the 3 pack module. I must have just never bought the upgrade so that doesn't really help. 

1 hour ago, iMolestCats said:

Just went through my email and I didn't find where I had bought the license upgrade (honestly I'm not sure if I did). I did find my key for the 3 pack module. I must have just never bought the upgrade so that doesn't really help. 

your module key should help at least a bit though.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:20 AM, Battlefront.com said:

To give you guys some idea of how this works, CMSFI (and its Modules) need two keys to function.  All original SF1 keys count as one, the Upgrade keys count as the second.

Is that a one time thing or will we need to use the old SF keys whenever we install the game (not that I see that happening much but was curious)?

Mord.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:20 AM, Battlefront.com said:

I must admit I am totally confused about this $1 purchase. Where I could find it on your site?

I have the Paradox version of the game plus the three modules. And, following this link:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=227&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I read that:

1. Do you own at least one CMSF module, such as the Marines or British Forces module?
      1. If yes, then you do not need this upgrade! Please download the FREE 1.21 patch from www.battlefront.com/patches.
      2. If no, then the v1.21 special upgrade may apply to you. Please read point 3 below.
    2. Do you plan to purchase a module?
      1. If yes, then you do not need this upgrade! If you purchase a Module, your base game will automatically be "converted". Modules work with retail versions as is. There is no need to purchase this upgrade. Simply go to www.battlefront.com/store to buy a module.

So, I assume that I do not need the $1 purchase that convert my Paradox license over to your system.

Am i right?

Thanks

3 hours ago, ncc1701e said:

I must admit I am totally confused about this $1 purchase. Where I could find it on your site?

I have the Paradox version of the game plus the three modules. And, following this link:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=227&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I read that:

1. Do you own at least one CMSF module, such as the Marines or British Forces module?
      1. If yes, then you do not need this upgrade! Please download the FREE 1.21 patch from www.battlefront.com/patches.
      2. If no, then the v1.21 special upgrade may apply to you. Please read point 3 below.
    2. Do you plan to purchase a module?
      1. If yes, then you do not need this upgrade! If you purchase a Module, your base game will automatically be "converted". Modules work with retail versions as is. There is no need to purchase this upgrade. Simply go to www.battlefront.com/store to buy a module.

So, I assume that I do not need the $1 purchase that convert my Paradox license over to your system.

Am i right?

Thanks

just a guess, but I expect that by getting the module you effectively converted the game so your answer is yes and your module license key should allow BF to verify your purchase.  You would not have gotten that through Paradox.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:20 AM, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Steve, forgive me if this has already been answered, but I haven't read through the entire thread. I have the Mac OS CMFS 1 Big Bundle that I haven't been able to use in about a year or more. Will this CMSF 2 correct the issue that the Mac OS update caused where CMSF 1 can't find the licensing information?

Edited by Vet 0369
Correct typo