JulianJ

A question about the Z folder

Success - I have modded my CMBS with Kieme's textures and Vein's explosions and fires - respect!

I can see that the Z folder is going to become overstuffed like a christmas goose if I am not careful.

Does the game read subfolders in the Z folder?  Or do all the add-ons have to be in that main folder - I'd like to impose some order on the system in case I need to remove or replace mods.

1 hour ago, JulianJ said:

Kieme's textures and Vein's explosions and fires

Same here, you can also ask Vein for his Ru and Ukr solders and some sounds that he made; and then Black Sea is complete 😎

As for your questions you can have as many sub folders as you want, as far as I know. I have 3-4 levels

I use ...\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Black Sea\User Data\Mods , but Z folder should be no different

Posted (edited)

You can put however many subfolders you desire in the z/Mod folder. For instance (using CMBN as an example) I have one folder for all the effects, Ui, Sounds, etc. I have one that says Germans and within that, subfolders that say uniforms and vehicles. Within the vehicle subfolder I have subfolders for each individual vehicle mod.

What I do is keep all the mods I use all the time in these subfolders and then if I want to test something I may already have a mod for, I create a folder I'll entitle "Z Z Z Test".  The extra Zs insuring that my test mod will override the similar mod because the game prioritizes the folders that are furthest down the alphabet. Example: folder A with Panther mod is overwritten by folder D with Panther mod.

Lots of confusing info can be found here.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

1 hour ago, Mord said:

You can put however many subfolders you desire in the z/Mod folder. For instance (using CMBN as an example) I have one folder for all the effects, Ui, Sounds, etc. I have one that says Germans and within that, subfolders that say uniforms and vehicles. Within the vehicle subfolder I have subfolders for each individual vehicle mod.

What I do is keep all the mods I use all the time in these subfolders and then if I want to test something I may already have a mod for, I create a folder I'll entitle "Z Z Z Test".  The extra Zs insuring that my test mod will override the similar mod because the game prioritizes the folders that are furthest down the alphabet. Example: folder A with Panther mod is overwritten by folder D with Panther mod.

Lots of confusing info can be found here.   

Good, accurate, useful information.  +1 

9 hours ago, Mord said:

You can put however many subfolders you desire in the z/Mod folder.

Nice explanation. I added to my FAQ post:

Anyone who revisits might think a lot has changed but I just added a section on mods and reorganized things slightly.