Muzzleflash1990

Unread Content loading slow or not at all

Is anyone else having problems with  "Unread Content" taking a long time to load or not at all? Recently (not sure, several days to a week now), I has either taken a long time +30s (just now it took 52s) for me to load it. I can see my browser is just waiting. Other times (like when it takes longer than 60s) I get a 504 Gateway timeout message displayed from Amazon Cloudfront. Given I have no connectivity issues otherwise, and when it takes too long (timeouts) it is a 5XX error, leads me to believe it is Battlefront own server that is having issues? Perhaps because of the coming Storefront changes.

Is anyone else experiencing the same delays?

For what? This forum? Never seen anything like that. The main web site? I have not seen that either but i also have not visited in a few days.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, IanL said:

For what? This forum? Never seen anything like that. The main web site? I have not seen that either but i also have not visited in a few days.

I've never used either, but just below the search bar you'll see in light gray an unread content selection

The forum and storefront are I think separate, but both hosted so not a "Battlefront server" per se.

I just tried a couple times.  The 3rd time it loaded right away.  The others.... not so good

Edited by sburke

Posted (edited)

Yeah, for the forum. @sburke got the button right. In fact it is my primary mechanism by which I browse the forum - my bookmark even goes to that destination immediately. Then I open everything interesting in a new browser tab, and 'mark site read' and close the original tab.

Edited by Muzzleflash1990

Don't know if it might be part of the cause, but just around the time it started, the forum was doing a "search index optimization".

Here is an image of what happens when it fails to get the response withing a minute:

a9126cfc-af96-4768-870c-fd7a1749cdf4.png

Ha! I was about to post the same thing. In fact, I'll do it anyway.

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 
For more information on how to troubleshoot this error, please refer to the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html). 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: Vb9oQ5n3RBclJ-fDsEaZyrXxWKuYu81IF8AkZAIWI6u3oa3lPPsZHA==

Yilkes!  We just upgraded the Forum and they did release a bug patch over the weekend.  I'll apply it and see if the problem goes away.  If not, I'll have to do a database rebuild and that will take quite a while to do.  Hopefully that won't be necessary!

Steve

43 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

How is it working for you guys now?

Steve

seems to be working, but I'll leave that to folks who use this regularly to say.